First Day and Feeling Hopefully but Nervous

Today is my first day here. I woke up knowing I had to do something. I am tired, drained and done feeling out of control with alcohol. I will stop for a few days, then drink a bottle and a half of wine without blinking. I look forward to having a community, and learning about myself more.

10 Likes

Welcome to the forum! This is a great first step. Read a lot and post often. We are at all stages, all DOCs, from all over the World. We’re here to help.

I am glad you’re here.

6 Likes

Welcome Suzy.
Have a good read around here. This place has been a great place for me to get support in my sobriety. Addiction is too tough to go it alone. We are stronger in numbers. And we are all worth it.
:pray:t2::heart:
Here are two good threads to start:

3 Likes

Welcome, i am on day 23 today, and i couldn’t have done it without reaching out here to the community and to feel like i had lots of hands held out for me to hold and support me.

You have made a great decision and im glad you found us!!

Keep reading, there is so much to read here from people, there is so much support here for you and you are no longer alone ok x

I hope you stick with us and congratulations for starting day1 :grin:

3 Likes

This is Day 1 for me as well. I know how your feeling and your on the right path even if it seems like a hard road ahead. This is my first time reaching out to any kind of help and now I see to stay on a sober path a good support system is a must.keep your head up you’ve got this!

4 Likes

Hi Suzy glad you are reaching out for support. If there is one thing I have learned battling addiction is that it’s next to impossible to do alone. This community is one of my most used tools in my recovery toolbox. Read as much as you can here, lots of knowledge and inspiration.

:orange_heart:

4 Likes

Thank you all for your support. It has been a tough evening not taking a drink. Having a hard time, but decided to get on here and be encouraged.

1 Like

Welcome. This is a good place to find some support as you work toward your goals. I wish you the best and hope you find what you need here.

1 Like

Hi Suzy,
So glad you’re here and when you’re done, you’re done. I think, if you stick to your conviction you’ll be leaping back into the healthy and happy Suzy very soon. We all do it one day at a time, sometimes 10 minutes at a time. Welcome to the TS/ST crew!

1 Like