First day of no drinking…..kinda nervous

First day of sobriety… kinda nervous

14 Likes

Welcome! Focus on the positives, what will not drinking bring for you? Energy, time - what can you achieve if you are not out of it? Even simple things like making a half-decent meal or hoovering. Really appreciate the new life you are building for yourself.

4 Likes

Welcome aboard, Jess. You are in good company here. Have a read around, lots of support here. TS has made a huge difference for me. Hope you find this place helpful as well! :heart::heart:

3 Likes

You won’t regret this decision if you push trough.
First weeks are difficult but you can do it!
Get rid of alcohol in your house and fill your fridge with healthy food and drinks (and some chocolate too :hugs:)
Maybe you wanna check this thread out:What's YOUR plan? It give loads of information about quiting and the proces.
If you are a bit like me maybe you wanna read recovery books ore listen to some podcast about recovery? I used it as a distraction too to go for a walk in nature when I had cravings and listened to a podcast about sobriaty. Here on this thread you will find all kind of books and podcasts worth mentioning: Resources for our recovery And if you wanna join online meetings somewhere you will find the links to them there too.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask!
And WELCOME here ofcourse, it’s a good place to be despite the circumstances.

4 Likes

Meeting might help ,helped me wish you well

Welcome…. It might sound cliche but One Day At A Time. At the beginning it was one hour at a time for me. Continue to reach out, it helps.

Welcome and well done on making a good choice for your well being. What helped me so much in early days was to spend a lot of time reading and participating here. It actually took me a long time before I posted, so you’re doing great posting your first day sober! If things feel hard or lonely or frustrating there is always something here to help, even if it’s just a distraction. I look forward to seeing you around!

I’m thinking that damn near all of us were a bit nerve wracked upon stopping drinking and/or drugging.

Next first steps are huge & to get that solid foundation of recovery that will get you through the good days and bad ones… My rec: consider finding a lady who is sober, has some time and work with her. Could be in AA, NA or here. We rarely see anyone do this shit alone.

Glad you’re here & hugs to ya for choosing freedom from insanity!

First day here too and that’s exactly how I feel! I hope as the days go by, so will the nervousness surrounding it. Congratulations on taking your first step.

3 Likes

Just get through today don’t think about tomorrow you’ll do great :+1:t2:

This place has been great. Lots of people here to help each other. This is my 4th day. I almost slipped up today. But, i dumped that bottle of booze down the drain instead. You got this. One day at a time.

3 Likes

Yep best advice is the old advice lol just take it hour by hour then day by day a good thing that helped me at beginning was “just lay your head on your pillow tonight sober and its a win” they soon build up you got this ADAAT :muscle: