First day sober and first day in this group hoping to find people that know what I am going through and can help along what I know will be a long journey

Starting today trying to get sober.

37 Likes

Welcome April.
Have a good read around here. This place has been a great place for me to get support in my sobriety. Addiction is too tough to go it alone. We are stronger in numbers. And we are all worth it.

:pray:t2::heart:

Here are two good threads to start:

10 Likes

Thanks so much! I am just a super low right now and wishing I could go back in time and fix all my mistakes.

6 Likes

We all do at some point in the journey. It was the past and we are lucky to have today and the future ahead of us. Take some time to look around and read, there are many people with the same story who also are on the journey. Welcome!

9 Likes

Welcome April. I will add you to my prayer today. First few days can be rough. Don’t give up. Myself and the whole community here is rooting for you. I’ve been through hundreds of day 1s and they all suck ass. Stay with us, stay safe, stay fighting. You’ll be in my thoughts today. It gets better. Hang in there.

13 Likes

Welcome April! Don’t think about months down the road. Just take one day at a time. It helps. This is a great place to turn to if you feel like giving in

8 Likes

Hiya April! Welcome! Try to be gentle with yourself. Don’t think about past mistakes or bad memories from the past right now, look forward! An hour at a time a minute at a time if you need to. Make sure you have plenty of nice things to eat, ice cream is a favourite go to for me :slight_smile: plenty of soft drinks and herbal teas. Drink plenty of water and treat yourself gently. This place is amazing for advice and support 24/7 there is always someone around. Where about in the world are you? I’m from Derbyshire, England. My DOC was booze, I’m at 521 days today, it gets easier, I promise :pray:t2::two_hearts: welcome to the family :two_hearts:

8 Likes

I am from Georgia in the US and you don’t have any idea what all the comments here have ment to me today! I had to read them through tears but it is nice to be able to talk to someone who understands how hard it is and mine is alcohol.

13 Likes

Welcome April! Lots of wonderful people and support here!

1 Like

Thanks so much!

Unfortunately mistakes can’t be erased. But getting sober will help you come to terms with them. Knowing that you are not that person any more is a real help.
@Blondie1x I didn’t know you were from Derbyshire. I am too. (well, Erewash area) Which part are you.

3 Likes

Hey @Misokatsu I’m from in the Peak District near Castleton. Small world hey! :+1::two_hearts:

2 Likes

Definitely a small world! You’re only over the hills from me lady :+1: :two_hearts:

3 Likes

Thanks for all the encouragement it is appreciated

3 Likes

Welcome your at the right place!

4 Likes

Welcome!! Sending you :v:t3::heartpulse::candle:

2 Likes

It won’t be too bad if you just look at like a day at a time.

1 Like

Welcome April, we all know what’s it’s like and we have your back.take one day at a time and don’t be shy about coming here for support, advice or whatever you need to help you get through the day.

5 Likes

Day 3 for me. You start to feel much better. Keep it up

5 Likes

Welcome! I second what @Dazercat said and recommend checking out the links he posted.

2 Likes