First day sober (tomorrow)

Hey guys I have been addicted to alcohol for about a year and I’ve quit a couple times previously but relapsed unfortunately. I am hoping to stay sober for my health and wellness. I was previously addicted to Adderall (9 months clean) so if anyone out there is struggling with Adderall I can help. I am writing this post not in the hopes of support but to encourage others that are struggling with this horrific drug. You are not alone.

3 Likes

Well, tough nuggets. You’re getting support anyway! :heart: I know coming here was a big first step for me after many other false starts. There’s lots of wisdom around these boards (@siand has some good links), and the community… Well, they’re alright, too. :wink:

What brings you to sobriety?

Glad you signed up and really appreciate your sharing! :v:

2 Likes

Hey Aaron, welcome! There is so much information and support on this forum - while everyone might have slightly different stories (and DOCs) there is so much we all have in common. I’m sure you’ll find something you can relate to. Search, read, reach out, we’re all here for each other!

I can’t seem to post links at the moment as the app is glitching (edit, it’s working now):

Advice for the Newcomer and Constant Relapser is probably a pretty good place to start.

A couple of us share things most days in the Motivation and Meditation Posts - feel free to join and add any words of wisdom you see.

If you haven’t tried meditating before then there is a thread called Simple Short Guided Meditations for Beginners which would be helpful to get you going, there are also various apps available (I use Calm).

And then when Friday rolls round get yourself to the Sober Weekend Party!

1 Like

Hi guys. I am a kinda dasa and a good listener, tring to stay sober it s been 2 days now, if you feel lonely and wanna share something we can talk or text. Love For every strong and sober and who thinks to be sober people. :raising_hand_woman:t3: