First Saturday sober!

I know this sounds trivial - but this is the first Saturday I’ve woken up sober in a long time; old habit was to zone out and drink wine on Friday night, and then be a slug most of Saturday until the next round of drinks; it feels so good to get up and live!

I hope everyone else is having a wonderful weekend!

28 Likes

Not trivial at all! Waking up and actually feeling refreshed and ready to do something is a highlight of sobriety. Waking up with a headache and nausea and struggling through the day until you could sleep again, sucked so bad!

8 Likes

It’s a great feeling and you are going to Enjoy fully your day. Have a great day :sparkling_heart:

5 Likes

It really did suck; this is exceedingly better and I will remember this great feeling when I’m tempted :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Thank you!!!

Good for you!

1 Like

Not trivial at all! Every moment you are sober is a win, most especially in the beginning. This is a milestone worth celebrating. :partying_face: Good job making it to your first sober Saturday!

Here is a Friday thread that might interest you.

It’s a thread where you can share what you’re doing on your sober Friday with others who are doing the same. Again, great job!

1 Like

It is wonderful to wake up not hungover on the weekend! That’s awesome!

3 Likes

That is huge! Enjoy the day, you earned it. Well done!

2 Likes

Thank you so much - both for the encouragement and the great thread!!!

2 Likes

Thank you!!!

2 Likes

Thank you!! I had forgotten how good it feels :slight_smile: :smile:

1 Like

Congratulations on your 1 Saturday sober. It is far from trivial. Every day sober, every change in our associations with alcohol are wins! Celebrate your strength and keep going strong :muscle:

1 Like

Thank you!!! I appreciate al the support :slight_smile:

1 Like