Friday Thread #3

Continuing the discussion from Friday Thread #2 (Part 1) - #2697 by RosaCanDo.

Previous discussions:

4 Likes

Holy moly, we reached 2500 posts on the Friday thread!

IMG_2938

22 Likes

OMG!!! The friday thread rocks :grin:

5 Likes

I LOVE fall planting and I’m sooooo curious what you will do. Uiuiui, I get too excited, now I want to redo my own little garden and derail the friday thread :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

4 Likes

14 Likes

I think I beat you to the derailment :crazy_face:

2 Likes

@RosaCanDo
Congratulations on your home purchase :clap:
BlondTenderAntbear-size_restricted

7 Likes

Thank you!

2 Likes

Friday off. Late (or second) shifts this weekend. Shared dinner with a friend, home now, no obligations or nothing. Let’s take it easy. Have a good one all! Love from my couch.

26 Likes

I had a swim :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::blue_heart:

14 Likes

In between meetings, I am outside enjoying the 75° weather (warmest day of the year).

I have a shag rug that got nasty over the years and instead of tossing it, I tried deep cleaning with a pressure washer. So I am doing that today. This damn thing holds around 50 gallons of water, so I am coming up with clever ways to dry it out. Wish me luck!

15 Likes

Oh wow- now that task is an undertaking…best of luck

3 Likes

Yeah… I think I made a horrible error. Its not drying at all!

4 Likes

Yikes…well dont give up or feel disheartened

Quick search on google… Dry the rug by using a fan to blow air across it for a couple of hours . Shaggy rugs absorbs a lot of water and can stay wet for a long time.

Hope this helps​:pray::hand_with_index_finger_and_thumb_crossed:

3 Likes

I’m cracking up over here…there ain’t no way, man. It would take a miracle.

2 Likes

Ha! I did the same thing with a non shag area rug and it was stinky forever…i didn’t have a way to extract the water and thought being outside would dry it out and it would be ok. I had it in my house for a couple days before i realized what was causing the stench lol.

3 Likes

Oh no!! This was gonna go to the dump anyways, I figured if I could get another year or two out of it, great, if not, oh well.

I remembered I had a spot cleaner that sucks water from carpet, I sucked out about 5 gallons already! Managed to get it off the ground, hopefully that’ll help with air flow and all.

6 Likes

Yay! The suction is a great idea! I have one of those too.

2 Likes

Thank you for your support!! We’ll get through this, I have no doubt!!!

3 Likes

Seems it only holds like 24 oz of liquid… slow going!!!

I wonder, will the shop vac do any better??

2 Likes