First Time (Again)

I’ve thought about quitting drinking many times before. I even quit for a few days. This time I really have to quit. I am 50+ years old and my weight has ballooned to 340lbs. I was recently put on blood pressure medication. I drank last night with the intention of waking up and starting my sober life. I feel ok now but those thoughts of picking up a six pack rush through my head and anxiety starts to creep in. I know it will get easier but right now it’s hard. I’m going to put on some music and ride my stationery bike to pass some time.

15 Likes

@Space_Dad394 please, don’t get tired of this battle. Keep going forward! Connect, pray and surrender!!! I wish you all the best!!! Day 13 here

1 Like

Me too :raised_hand: although im most definitely ready this time. Just feels right :white_check_mark: Keep going!

4 Likes

Day 15 here, dont give into temptation, i had the same temptation yesterday but glad i didnt give in, you should be proud of your self, each day is a challenge, take one hurdle at a time.

3 Likes

Keep going! It’s not easy for any addition. But hang in there

3 Likes

Thank you for words of encouragement.

1 Like

Thanks for replying. I’m going to hang in and hold on for the ride.

2 Likes

Hey there, welcome to your sober life and this amazing place. Read around a lot here. The more active you are, the better.

While you’re on your stat bike, why not put on a recovery podcast or audiobook. Here are lots to choose from and other resources too: Resources for our recovery. I can recommend the Recovery Elevator and start from the start!

For accountability you should pop by here regularly: Checking in daily to maintain focus #56

And we also have active weight loss and fitness threads. Use the :mag_right: up top to search for anything relevant for you.

Welcome and you can do this! But you gotta do it!

4 Likes

@Space_Dad394 you are welcome. And don’t forget that you are worthy and important no matter what

1 Like