First Time Post

It is my first day here. I feel like a failure. I feel like I’m not in control of my mind. I want that clarity back. I have unsuccessfully tried to quit for nearly two years. I’m ready to take it head on now, but I’m scared and I need support.

17 Likes

Welcome Jay.
I’m glad you found us. I was pretty scared too when I started my sober journey. I’ve been coming here every day now for my sobriety. Lots of great people here just trying not to pick up that first drink or DOC. That most important one I cannot have.
The people I’ve met here are just wonderful and full of support. And some call us out on our bullshit when we need it. This place works. But you got to work it. And your worth it.
Here are two good threads to start:
Join in when you feel comfortable.

I hope to see you around.
:pray:t2::heart:

7 Likes

Welcome!!! You’ve found a pretty special place here with lots of great people and support. I drank for over ten years and the peace and joy I have found today, is thanks to 150 days of sobriety. Stick around, read up on threads and immerse yourself in sober literature and you will soon feel at home here. I wish you the very best!!!

3 Likes

Thank you all so much! This really means a lot. I will continue to trudge along. I know the path is difficult, but I have to do this. I want to take back control of my life.

4 Likes

Hey! Its my day 2 today. I have lost so much in life at a young age just because i couldn’t handle my alcohol. Seeing your post makes me feel like I’m not alone…let’s do this together!

4 Likes

@moderate_2. Welcome ! This is a great place. Alot of us have daily interaction here with each other. I would also definitely suggest you find either an AA/NA meeting. Not sure which would be for you. I attend AA meetings nightly in person and they have become my second family. It may not be for you but at least give it a few tries before you dismiss it. Sending lots of Hope your way !

3 Likes

Welcome. We have all had a day 2 and you are in the right place. For me, AA was the solution. Meetings, a sponsor, walking through the 12 steps. Many have found other ways, so your journey may be unique, but your problems are not.

Hang in there and reach out if you need to.

4 Likes

Welcome! We have all failed here…there is redemption in a sober life.

This place saved my life. Be active, it will help! Reach out when you need help.

5 Likes

Welcome, Jay!

When I washed up here, I was scared, desperate, and convinced that my life would always be spent in the hell of a bottle. Death seemed preferable.

And then I found this forum. I found people who understood - and who talked me off a ledge when days seemed really hard. I found a recovery program. I found some of the dearest friends of my life - who understand me in ways I have never been known.

I was three days sober when I came to TS.

Universe willing, I will be four years sober next month. This board and these people will support you every step of the way - but it is up to you to decide that you will not drink again - no matter what. Reach out for help any hour of the day or night…you will find it here.

4 Likes

Welcome Jay. I saw a cool video yesterday of a kid with a poor report card going to his dad. And his dad said "Failure is an event, not a person ".

Blessings on your house :pray: as you begin your journey with us. Here’s a thread to get you started.

1 Like

I know how you feel ! I feel the same but don’t stop trying ! Reach out and ask for support. ! I’ve been trying for what seems like forever and the more I surround myself with people who are going through the same and want to recover like me the easier it gets ! I believe in you! I finally feel like I’m done being in denial and truly being honest with myself thanks to meetings I see now that I’m an alcoholic and I need help and that’s okay ! I just can’t wait til I’m fully sober ! Best wishes ! Stay strong :muscle:

1 Like

Welcome! It’s scary to make such a big change… I was too at first. But give sobriety a chance :slight_smile: miracles begin to unfold when we stay clean and sober! It truly is amazing. It’s not always easy, but it is worth it! Just know that u don’t have to keep living this way anymore. This forum is amazing! Lots of help here :slight_smile: stick around

2 Likes