First time trying rehab today

Today I’m going into a treatment center for the first time ever. I’m 30 years old and never had clean time. But I want this badly. So badly I’m willing to trust a process I don’t even know.

15 Likes

Good luck in treatment. Try to approach everything with an open mind.

5 Likes

Good luck!! This can be the beginning of nothing but clean time!

1 Like

You do it for a better life. A happy & healthy life!
I remember that day too. A bit scary but was way less scary than where I had been just 1 day earlier.
I think it is important to remember… if you don’t believe the counselors, the book or the readings they will certainly allow you back… if you live through it. Oh, and the message won’t change any and they’ll gladly take your fucking money again.
Hugs to you and choosing life!

3 Likes

This is exactly how I felt when I got sober. You’ll have a good chance with this mindset. Be open to the process and trust what has worked for many before you.

Here are some more trusted resources: Resources for our recovery

Good luck!

3 Likes

Desperation is a gift. Faith is doing without evidence of how it will work for you or if it will work at all.

You are in the perfect frame of mind to get sober. Blessings on you :pray: as you begin your journey.

2 Likes

Welcome to the community :raising_hand_woman:
We are here for you so keep reaching out and well done for taking this great step toward a better future.

1 Like

Wishing you the very best of luck :heart:

2 Likes

Welcome to our communtiy. We have some amazing people here! I especially love that its worldwide. Habing a problem at 1am your time? There’s probably someone on the other side of the globe on this app with support just for you! I hope that the facility allows you to have your ohone so that you can accept all the love from us but in case they dont, the loce will still be here when you come out.

2 Likes

Good luck! It was the turning point for several people on here, it can be for you too!

2 Likes

Good luck, my friend!