Fitness/Gym/Health Enthusiasts (TW gym attire, diet discussions Rules #6 and 7 apply)

Creating a space for fitness selfies and progress pics, discussion of fitness goals.

13 Likes

In the past this thread has been confusing at times as TS has evolved. I’m beyond stoked that this space can be used for fitness discussions and feedback. You work hard for yourself be proud :clap:.

This is my current state, which makes me sad but it’s alright, I’ll get it back in no time.

This is the current state of my gym

I’ve been getting pounded with high priority home repairs for the past 4-5 months. My workouts have not existed and my diet has been horrible.

I’m hopping back in at the end of the month and I’m gonna kill it!

Just one more rep :wink:

25 Likes

I’m sure you will. You’re not that bad off.
The gym needs a little TLC though.:grin:

3 Likes

Had to punch a hole in the wall of it for a new water line and then I decided I’d rearrange it… then all hell broke loose with emergency projects :face_exhaling:

4 Likes

6 or 7 months till beach season. Plenty of time. :call_me_hand:

2 Likes

:laughing::rofl::joy:. ain’t nobody checking this old married fella out. I miss the mental health benifits, muscles are just a side effect :wink:

5 Likes

100 percent

1 Like

Hey could the old thread be re-opened and they just co-exist? It has weight lifting especially in the title and for me personally it’s where I’ve always felt home the most on here. Even if it’s currently quiet around there, we have plenty of part time dormant threads that don’t bother nobody. :broken_heart::boar: Happy to add a TW to it.

@Dan531 that muscle memory is gonna save your bacon no problem. Once you get back to it and you will!

5 Likes

When i stopped using drugs i gained a TON of weight, then I was only drinking, gained even more, brfore i knew it I was 230 pounds and i was so drunk, lazy, and depressed all the time to do anything about it. Then my liver failed. I had to stop drinking, change my diet, and start exercising. The first picture is when i was still using. I barely ate, worked out constantly, and was doing c0ke every single day. The middle photos were from 1 year ago (top) and 6 months ago (bottom) when i started trying to work out again but was still heavily drinking. The right is where ive gotten myself to with eating mostly healthy, not using or drinking, and working out 3 times a week. You cant tell but i still have QUITE a belly and some back fat I’m really struggling with. It hard to measure a healthy body that doesnt look the best against an unhealthy one that looked good. But I’m at least seeing the progress. Just need to keep going. A lot of the time my depression keeps me from working out as much as i want to but its a habbit i slowly am rebuilding so I’m proud of that.

20 Likes

Thank you tons! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Dan, where’d you grab the rolls of rubber gym flooring? Did you order off a specific site? It looks like it’s about. 1/4" but can’t really tell

2 Likes

I was just looking up gym flooring 10min ago. We wanna outfit half our basement with gym flooring. You can go to lowes, home depot. Walmart, dicks, scheels. Idk i need to see and feel what im buying

3 Likes

On Deck Sports Durable Blue Rubber Flooring Rolls for Home Gyms, Exercise Mats, Weightlifting, and Performance Facilities Sizes - 8mm Thickness (4’ x 6’)

I’ve bought it all off of Amazon, it’s 8 mm thick. I thought about going with horse stall matts but didn’t.

(The link is broken but a copy/ paste search of the description on Amazon will get ya there)

2 Likes

I got this stuff and I love it, 10mm. We call it recycling mats :slight_smile: it’s rubber.

5 Likes

Ok thanks, @Faugxh @Dan531 , @Cjp . I definitely want the rubber, I’ll get to that site. 8 to 10mm would be perfect. A couple rolls of something 4’x6’ will work. :v::+1:

2 Likes

No strong smell, very durable, and free shipping. I’d recommend. I also used carpet tape to tape the seems to the floor and together.

2 Likes

Me too and I put a layer of parquet pattern laminate on top cos I got this shit bang in the middle of my living room. :laughing: enjoy @Jasty2

1 Like

I ended up finding stall mats at Tractor Supply. 4’x3’ (they also have 4’x6’) 1/2” thick for about $35ish per square. They are very durable and heavy enough that I didn’t need to do anything to hold them in place.

6 Likes

Okay cool thanks. I’ll look into them too. I also got the concrete floor, so for the time being I just threw some thinner padding down with some indoor outdoor carpet, so I wasn’t working out right on the cement

1 Like

I made December Athlete of the Month at my gym. :muscle:t4: I’m so grateful for a second chance at life. :pleading_face:

20 Likes