Fitness/Gym/Health Enthusiasts (TW gym attire, diet discussions Rules #6 and 7 apply)

That’s so amazing. Congratulations! :smiley:

2 Likes

That is so cool your gym does that! Congrats!

2 Likes

Impressive stats! Way to go! @spgand28

2 Likes

Thank you! :heart:

1 Like

It’s pretty cool to be recognized! :pleading_face: I’ve been busting my butt in the gym. :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Im so happy for you! Keep up the hard work! You are killin it

2 Likes

That’s awesome!! Keep killing it

2 Likes

Just a little update on my progress. 1 year ago vs about a month ago.
I will say I’m in kind of a sad spot. My weight loss has really stopped. I went to my doctor he told that we need to check my thyroid but he also said based on the obesity on both sides of my family I may not be able to lose the rest of the weight on my own. That hit me really really hard but were taking steps to get me on a medication that will help so i can avoid diabetes and the obesity becoming worse. But for now its amazing for these year ago memories to pop up and be like woooooowwww i made progeess!

edit: i do have an appointment for a second opinion

16 Likes

You look phenomenal. That’s a hell of a nice transformation for only a year. Keep doing what you’re doing. :muscle::+1:

2 Likes

That’s amazing progress. :clap: I’m not sure why your doc would say something like that. Are you strength training or just doing cardio, or both? We can hit plateaus sometimes and just need to shake things up.

3 Likes

Awesome progress!

Nothing I have read supports the idea that there is “nothing” you can do about weight loss due to genetics. Yes, it is harder to do if genetically you are predisposed to obesity BUT it is possible to continue to lose weight.

Your body adapts to exercise AND lower food intake (it’s an amazing machine) so you have to keep mixing up your training and consumption. Both sides of the ledger.

Yes, dieting sucks, there is no doubt about it, but you can do it. I know these weight control drugs seem like “miracle” drugs but they work solely by appetite control, nothing more. That means people eat less so lose muscle mass and fat mass in linear proportions. That is the opposite of what you need to maintain healthy weight and means people become hooked on weight control jabs.

If you want some inspiration and to get an idea of the sort of mindset someone can adopt to lose 100lbs I can recommend this -

Be well on your journey and remember how far you’ve come already? :blush:

2 Likes

that’s ridiculous. sensible diet, training and consistency will get you there. and by there I mean a healthy weight and fitness level for you and your body, not a size 0 or whatever. and find a new doctor. before they give you medication to “avoid obesity”.

my entire family is obese btw, both sides, old and young, lots of diabetes II and HBP etc around cos of it, too. :v:

7 Likes

So I have a strength, weight, and cardio routine throughout the week mixed with some yoga and other fun relaxing forms of exercise as well. And I’m not sure we did some sort of genetic marker test paired with what I knew of my family’s obesity and he said it is pretty lilely that I’m “just one of those people who wont be able to get the weight off” but he said if its my thyroid itd be a much different case. Just waiting for labs now!

3 Likes

Thanks so much!

1 Like

Omg thank you so much! Ive put enough chemicals in my body for 4 lifetimes itd be nice to not add a new one! I’m going to check that link out. Ive chanhed to a Mediterranean diet which was what my doctors put me on when my liver started becoming trash so thats helped a lot. Ive learned very intensely that diet is how you lose weight!

2 Likes

Evening team!

First day back at the gym today, joined up to a new one, training with a friend who is a PT have had jelly legs since i left the gym and oh so waiting on the doms to hit hard tomorrow!

Feels good to be back

6 Likes

The only thing worse then leg day, is the day after leg day.

4 Likes

I remember :sweat_smile: just stood up before and yeah doms have hit me good.

Looking forward to more

1 Like

Hey guys have you ever seen baby kettlebell? Its so cute :sweat_smile:

My boy always wants to do what mamas doing so he got his first kettlebell. So happy this is how he sees me, not with a glass of wine of bottle of beer.
Stay strong you badasses :orange_heart:

10 Likes

Oh my… thats the cutest thing ever!! So glad that ur son is following u in ur footsteps with looking after ur health :slight_smile:

2 Likes