Foodies Unite #10 (trigger warning food) I PITY TOFU ~ Mr. T (probably)

Taverna Tony in Malibu

We got cheese last night!! @Runningfree
But it was Greek and it was on fire :fire:
Saganaki Flaming Cheese
sauteed Kefalotyri, flamed with cognac

Lamb Kleftiko
slow roasted lamb with garlic, onion

It was soooo good :blush:

And this guy was sitting behind me :scream:
IMG_4602

17 Likes

Another big salad. I needed that after a big bike ride (where I got most of the stuff that went in it).

18 Likes

17 Likes

I’m a creature of habit :joy:

1 Like

Went back to get ice cream…had a 2nd. I am pretty sure it’s red meat. Sad. Haven’t eaten it but a couple times in a year.

12 Likes

1 Like

Honey and Herb Waffle House
I got the chicken and waffles.

I ordered strawberries to go on them too. And as I was taking the pic the waitress said she never had anyone do this before (put strawberries on the C & W) and wanted to take a pic too.

16 Likes

Wow Eric…. your blowing my simple English mind .are you ok🫴

3 Likes

I want that!

2 Likes

Yes. Chicken and waffles. So Californian around here. 10 years ago I would have balked at this. But it’s so dang good! :blush:

3 Likes

C’Mon down!

2 Likes

I was thinking the same until I noticed that the grilled cheese and kleftiko was yesterday’s, I was about to commend you on your appetite @Dazercat :grin:

3 Likes

@tailee17 - I saved you a portion of chili with a choice or rice, nachos, grated cheese and sour cream. Simply because you deserve it and to brighten up your weekend :+1:

4 Likes

Thank you so very much! Virtually enjoying the gift.

2 Likes

Apple chunks were a good call! Oh, but I don’t call these Auntie M’s…

Nope. These are Gus’ Hard Pass breakfast cookies! :raised_back_of_hand::no_entry_sign::joy:

Truly, they taste more like the top of a muffin. Not a real cookie :face_with_hand_over_mouth::orange_heart:

16 Likes

Looking Good :blush:

I’m going to have to work the first 3 steps on these Auntie M Gus HP’s. I ate 5 of them last night :scream::scream::scream::scream::scream:
I’m powerless over these bastids :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

And I’m kinda blaming you :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
I better do a personal inventory on that.
I forgive you and I’m working on my part :kissing_heart:

With all that said.
How bout some golden raisins :thinking:

6 Likes

England really is bland in comparison :yawning_face:

2 Likes

Ha ha!!! :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs: Hilarious both you and @M-be-free49
I would like the original recipe again, can’t scroll back 200 posts to find it!!
I was thinking too if they had apples AND raisins surely Gus would eat them! They have to smell delicious!

5 Likes

It’s that deflavourizer y’all use :joy:
I love all your British foods. Especially A Proper English vanilla custard. Well maybe that’s not food.

3 Likes

Here ya go.

Gus is stuck in his 21 month routine. It’s really hard to get him out of it. Maybe Norma will like them. Guess I’ll have to relapse in 2 weeks. I’ll try to control my cookie eating. Just 2 tonight.

Edit. I just saw where it says Kids Love These :joy: maybe not toddlers.

8 Likes