Foodies Unite #2

I know. It’s total bs! We get books and puzzles, and he gets pumpkin roll. :joy:

1 Like

And Zappos :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
Bought my snowblower on Amazon too. Of course we don’t really have any snow and I haven’t had a chance to use it this year :grimacing:

You guys don’t have Amazon Pantry ?
@apes2020

1 Like

How do you like your steak cooked ?
@apes2020

Now I’m just showing off. Sorry.
I don’t actually buy my steaks on Amazon.
I use Snake River Farms for that :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Better edit this: so I don’t get moved to the void.
I’m grateful for Amazon Prime :crazy_face:

3 Likes

now you have me lol’ing! “moved to the void” :laughing:

it looks like we do have it in canada, but more limited selection? being GF i tend to stick mostly to unprocessed dry goods and fresh stuff, which are fairly available here. i do miss really really really good fresh stuff, the kind that doesn’t grow in snowbanks in canadian winters… :joy:

2 Likes

Actually I thought I was on the gratitude thread. But I just realized I am on the foodies thread. I’m all mixed up. But I’m still grateful for Amazon.

”I was all mixed up”
That’s what my mom use to say. She was covering before the Alzheimer’s really set in. Clever girl.
:pray::heart:

2 Likes

Wow steak on Amazon! We will literally ever have to leave our houses again the way home delivery is growing lol :joy: I like my rib eye rare. If its top shelf wagyu at a Michelin star hot spot then il take it blue :trophy: dont get to Michelin star places much these days lol. There is a brilliant one 10 mintues from my house called Attica. I think it got listed in the top ten in the world. The experience is priceless. It will cost a weeks salary to dine there lol but worth every penny !! :trophy:

1 Like

I want to go out to a nice restaurant so bad. I’m really tired of cooking and cleaning. They have plenty open but it’s just not worth the covid risk. Going to restaurants is suppose to be the easiest way to catch it. And the whole mask on mask off to eat thing :grimacing:

I have only been in a grocery store once since March 20th. Wifey says she’s never going in one again. :joy:
And only drive thru crap fast food.

I’m grateful for Instacart :pray:

That’s just how I like my steaks too.

2 Likes

Oh my lord!? Thats a long time. You must have conversations with your cats a lot lol not being out there in the rat race amongst humans having everyday conversations etc :joy:

1 Like

And the puppas. My wife and I will say “you talking to me?” “Nope talking to Maverick.” Or talking to Minnie. Or talking to Daisy. Spend all day saying h to them. Never lonely. :joy:

2 Likes

Pumpkin spice :heart:

1 Like

How about curbside pickup or restaurant home delivery?

1 Like

It’s just not the same and there’s still cleanup. I appreciate that option exists but I miss the whole dining experience.

2 Likes

Chips on your sandwich?

Baby steak sammie for breakfast. I miss real bread.

3 Likes

We tried that at the beginning and it just doesn’t taste as good when it’s been traveling and plated and reheated. And I live just barely outside the city limits where they don’t deliver :grimacing: so I’d have to go pick it up myself. My cooking always taste better. The wife’s too. And part of what I miss is the whole being greeted. Waited on. Cooked for. Cleaned up after. Leave a great tip. Experience. Before COVID I would beg my wife to stay at home for a home cooked meal. We had a deal. I cook one night. And the next night her cooking was taking us out to dinner :crazy_face:

4 Likes

Restaurant experiences where I live is a bit different from the US ones. But I get your point, as you know we live off grid. Home delivery doesn’t exist out of the big cities and take away isn’t really existing either. :blush:

1 Like

You mean chips like in Snacks? Potatoes chips, Doritos and similar things? In put tortillas chips in my burritos if that counts? It looks delicious.

Potato chips! I love the crunch, especially when I am out of lettuce.

Seems like a reasonable replacement :joy: I get the point though. I usually add cucumber for crunch but I can see the possibilities with potato chips. I’ll try that in next sandwich :blush:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after reaching the maximum limit of 2500 replies.

Thread continues at Foodies Unite #3.