Foodies Unite #2

Oh, you would have sympathized with the (patient but looking for other opportunities) manager at my first (and only real) waitressing job. It wasn’t a good fit. So much to remember! It was my second shift. A customer/diner informed me she had dropped her fork under the table, and I smiled, thanked her and replied I would pick it up at the end of my shift. I brought the dumbfounded woman a fork a few minutes later, after thinking things through from her perspective. The manager encouraged me to stay on a little longer (hiring isn’t fun, right?) but agreed we’d all be happier if I could find work outdoors :joy:

I did successfully work in a coffee shop during uni. No one complained of missing utensils. All food was reheated at best.
Yes, have a splendid day, friends! :orange_heart:

1 Like

Oh the 35 years of restaurant stories I could tell.

My 2 favorite blunders are:
I was serving bottles of beer to some guys in suits. During their business dinner. One bottle toppled off my tray and fell right into his suit coat pocket up side down and of course open. I was mortified :scream: I told him that one was on me :joy::joy:. Funny thing is it wasn’t even his beer :scream:

And the flying whole large boiled potato that I was serving with a corned beef and cabbage dinner. I was in the weeds and moving too fast and when I stop at the table that boiled potato didn’t. It flew off the plate onto this business mans lap :scream:. I did asked him if he wanted a new one. :crazy_face:

3 Likes

And I baked a nice loaf of bread
@M-be-free49 @I.cant.We.can

6 Likes

delicious, I made my cajun chicken thighs on a bed of Italiano seasoned white rice and a side of buttered broccoli for.the wayside crew today, it’s was delicious. sorry no pics

4 Likes

I love Cajun stuff. Wifey don’t so I go without. But it sounds great.

1 Like

Ooo yum! Do you do delivery? I prefer wild rice, but hey I can be adaptable! :laughing:

(Note: adaptable, not adorable. Particularly when morning routine and consumption of first coffee is interrupted. Nothing - I repeat nothing - adorable about that. For more info, please see Daily Gratitude thread. :joy: :relaxed:)

2 Likes

There’s a tasty piece of salmon under my creamy Dijon chive sauce. With roasted potatoes and roasted zucchini.

6 Likes

Yum that salmon looks amazing :trophy:

1 Like

cooked up a chilli prawn/shrimp salad :trophy:

7 Likes

Back at ya kid :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Yours looks great as well.
Unfortunately wifey don’t like shrimp. And I don’t really want to eat it alone. So I’ll enjoy looking at yours kid :kissing_heart:

1 Like

In Australia shirmp at Xmas is what turkey is on thanks giving. We are a shrimp nation lol :joy: I’ve spent hundreds of hours in my life time sitting and peeling them lol. Its very satisfying :joy:

1 Like

Not the best pictures, but tonights dinner is Redneck Goulash and Cornbread.

3 Likes

Just add a little turf skewer on your steak nights, then it’s a reward side dish. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Nice idea.
We going rogue on steak night tomorrow and calling it stew. It’s pieces of steak right? And my favorite root veg rutabaga. Wifey’s like what do you got to buy that for ? I just can’t have a stew without it.

At the vet for blood work and getting hungry now.
:pray::heart:

1 Like

Amassed enough kitchen veg scraps for stock making (supplemented with some whole carrots, shallots, garlic, bay leaves, thyme, peppercorns and limp celery from the back of the fridge drawer). It turned out better than I could have hoped for. Must have snuck some chile scraps in there because it’s got a surprise kick! I’ll be using half of it for a squash and farro stew in the crockpot tomorrow.

5 Likes

First attempt at homemade garlic and herb butter

6 Likes

Messy Ruebens with the leftover corned beef and homemade Russian dressing. Just wish I had Swiss, but Muenster had to do.

8 Likes

Walnut-Crusted Chicken
With Cheesy Ciabatta

8 Likes

Pumpkin Roll with Cream Cheese.

@apes2020
Got it on Amazon. :joy:
Arianna’s Bakery
And it’s really good.

8 Likes

One of my favorite sandwiches ever!!

1 Like