Foodies Unite #2

Yummmnmm :tada::tada::tada:

Hang on Iā€™m confused, you got the pumpkin roll on amazon lol? You guys in the u.s have an additional amazon service for fresh groceries and food etc , we dont have that here , we only have the regular shopping Amazon :grimacing:

1 Like

Oh yeah we do :joy:
I seriously donā€™t have to leave the house for much :star_struck:

1 Like

I know. Itā€™s total bs! We get books and puzzles, and he gets pumpkin roll. :joy:

1 Like

And Zappos :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
Bought my snowblower on Amazon too. Of course we donā€™t really have any snow and I havenā€™t had a chance to use it this year :grimacing:

You guys donā€™t have Amazon Pantry ?
@apes2020

1 Like

How do you like your steak cooked ?
@apes2020

Now Iā€™m just showing off. Sorry.
I donā€™t actually buy my steaks on Amazon.
I use Snake River Farms for that :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Better edit this: so I donā€™t get moved to the void.
Iā€™m grateful for Amazon Prime :crazy_face:

3 Likes

now you have me lolā€™ing! ā€œmoved to the voidā€ :laughing:

it looks like we do have it in canada, but more limited selection? being GF i tend to stick mostly to unprocessed dry goods and fresh stuff, which are fairly available here. i do miss really really really good fresh stuff, the kind that doesnā€™t grow in snowbanks in canadian wintersā€¦ :joy:

2 Likes

Actually I thought I was on the gratitude thread. But I just realized I am on the foodies thread. Iā€™m all mixed up. But Iā€™m still grateful for Amazon.

ā€I was all mixed upā€
Thatā€™s what my mom use to say. She was covering before the Alzheimerā€™s really set in. Clever girl.
:pray::heart:

2 Likes

Wow steak on Amazon! We will literally ever have to leave our houses again the way home delivery is growing lol :joy: I like my rib eye rare. If its top shelf wagyu at a Michelin star hot spot then il take it blue :trophy: dont get to Michelin star places much these days lol. There is a brilliant one 10 mintues from my house called Attica. I think it got listed in the top ten in the world. The experience is priceless. It will cost a weeks salary to dine there lol but worth every penny !! :trophy:

1 Like

I want to go out to a nice restaurant so bad. Iā€™m really tired of cooking and cleaning. They have plenty open but itā€™s just not worth the covid risk. Going to restaurants is suppose to be the easiest way to catch it. And the whole mask on mask off to eat thing :grimacing:

I have only been in a grocery store once since March 20th. Wifey says sheā€™s never going in one again. :joy:
And only drive thru crap fast food.

Iā€™m grateful for Instacart :pray:

Thatā€™s just how I like my steaks too.

2 Likes

Oh my lord!? Thats a long time. You must have conversations with your cats a lot lol not being out there in the rat race amongst humans having everyday conversations etc :joy:

1 Like

And the puppas. My wife and I will say ā€œyou talking to me?ā€ ā€œNope talking to Maverick.ā€ Or talking to Minnie. Or talking to Daisy. Spend all day saying h to them. Never lonely. :joy:

2 Likes

Pumpkin spice :heart:

1 Like

How about curbside pickup or restaurant home delivery?

1 Like

Itā€™s just not the same and thereā€™s still cleanup. I appreciate that option exists but I miss the whole dining experience.

2 Likes

Chips on your sandwich?

Baby steak sammie for breakfast. I miss real bread.

3 Likes

We tried that at the beginning and it just doesnā€™t taste as good when itā€™s been traveling and plated and reheated. And I live just barely outside the city limits where they donā€™t deliver :grimacing: so Iā€™d have to go pick it up myself. My cooking always taste better. The wifeā€™s too. And part of what I miss is the whole being greeted. Waited on. Cooked for. Cleaned up after. Leave a great tip. Experience. Before COVID I would beg my wife to stay at home for a home cooked meal. We had a deal. I cook one night. And the next night her cooking was taking us out to dinner :crazy_face:

4 Likes

Restaurant experiences where I live is a bit different from the US ones. But I get your point, as you know we live off grid. Home delivery doesnā€™t exist out of the big cities and take away isnā€™t really existing either. :blush:

1 Like

You mean chips like in Snacks? Potatoes chips, Doritos and similar things? In put tortillas chips in my burritos if that counts? It looks delicious.