Foodies Unite #3 (trigger warning food) Let's TACO 'BOUT FOOD

The potatoes turned out amazing! Some days, you just nail the seasonings.

13 Likes

These are a few of my favorite things! :musical_note: :musical_note: :musical_note:

1 Like

Penne with homemade Italian sasuage and arrabbiata sauce. :yum:

10 Likes

Love :heart: what the new guy is cooking :blush:
That would be my favorite pasta dish. But only if your arrabbiata sauce has a kick :leg:
Welcome :pray:t2: :heart:

3 Likes

I use cobanero chili flakes. It’s one of the spiciest chilis in my country, Guatemala. :black_heart:

3 Likes

Guatemala :heart::heart::heart:
I love Guatemala :heart::heart::heart:
I want to go back again so badly.
Sorry guys. Going off topic. We can let it slide a bit. I’ve been to Antigua twice on mission trips. I loved the food and the people and everything about Guatemala. And the coffee. :coffee: Welcome again Danny I’m glad you found us. I’ll keep my eye out for you on other threads. Let’s us know if you need any help navigating this wonderful forum. You can always find me on the gratitude thread if your interested. Daily Gratitude List #3

1 Like

If it’s a place that has kick ass food and kick ass coffee, I’d say it’s decidedly on topic.

2 Likes

Thank you so much! You’re welcome any time! :smiley:

1 Like

My turn for a cheat meal! I’ve been dying to try this food truck called “Birds. Fried Chicken” and their massive sandwiches. I was not disappointed! The BEST crunchy crust and tender chicken, excellent fat, curly fries…:drooling_face: I got “The Bird” which has sauce gribiche, something new to me. Very tasty!

Now, I nap.

10 Likes

Chicken, rice and broccoli casserole

10 Likes

That looks so yummy and very cheat meal worthy

1 Like

That looks sooo good

1 Like

It was pretty yummy! I just had a bit. It’s more for the next few days because I expect work to be crazy so I needed something ready for the microwave.

2 Likes

Outback Steakhouse
Blue Cheese Wedge.

With a very unnecessary balsamic drizzle.
Better not be any arugula :rofl:
Toowoomba Salmon
Grilled Salmon topped with seasoned and sautéed shrimp tossed with mushrooms in a creamy creole sauce.

It was pretty pretty good.

8 Likes

Buenos días, amigos!

11 Likes

Turkey and Brie and veg.

12 Likes

I’ve been waiting for this meal all week! Roasted salmon, butternut squash, cauliflower, Brussels sprouts and red onion. I like to put lemon juice and a dash of white wine vinegar over everything at the end.

11 Likes

Dinner at Ciclo

First off I ordered a mock tail. I asked the bartender to surprise me. It was nice. I had 2. Grapefruit, lime, some other stuff :rofl: mint and a pomegranate floater.
With Parker House Rolls, European butter, and local honey.

Sweet corn empanadas.
Manchego aji, amarillo chimichirri emulsion

Beef carpaccio
Ancho chili crust, local mushrooms, crispy caper truffle-poblano aioli, and arugula.

The arugula gets my approval on carpaccio. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: that is an appropriate use of arugula. :ok_hand:
For the main.
Pan seared sea bass
Tomatillo jam, Napa cabbage, sesame-guajillo chili oil

And look what was waiting for us up in the hotel room :scream:

All sweets and chocolates. The nerve :grimacing: of those bastards. :rofl: I didn’t touch one of them. Yes I’m a badass :joy:
So pretty.

14 Likes

This made me think of my food friends, remember we are a safe community, no judging… just joking.
It is in an article about how to duplicate Stouffer’s Frozen macaroni and cheese

" There are many ways to arrive at a Stouffer’s-style macaroni and cheese in your own kitchen without having to stroll by the freezer aisle.

This recipe starts with a classic roux (a mixture of butter and flour), which becomes a béchamel when milk joins the party. The transition from béchamel to cheese sauce is a beautiful thing: It will seem as if it’s a lot of cheese at first, but that’s because it’s a lot of sauce. The sauce-to-pasta ratio here is really what makes Stouffer’s mac and cheese, well, Stouffer’s mac and cheese.

Recreating that creaminess was the biggest challenge. Overheating a cheese sauce, especially in the oven, can cause its emulsion to break, turning a velvety pasta into a grainy gunge. If it’s baked macaroni and cheese you’re after, not stovetop, then there’s little getting around this.

But there is one method that works. Paul Adams, the senior science research editor at Cook’s Illustrated, has written about the stabilizing powers of sodium citrate, an ingredient found in processed cheeses like Velveeta. “It’s fun to see it in action,” he said, “because it opens up a whole world of otherwise ineligible cheeses that you can melt smoothly into a sauce.” Though you could go out and buy sodium citrate, using a smidgen of Velveeta in your sauce does wonders for keeping it indelibly smooth and bound, like movie-theater nacho cheese.

In fact, as Mr. Adams points out, the chemical formula for sodium citrate even spells out “nacho”: Na₃C₆H₅O₇.’

It spells out NACHO! That’s the point I wanted you all to see!

4 Likes

What is on the plate behind the seabass? All looks wonderful! I commend you for having the will power to leave the sweets alone when they are in reach! Nice they had local mushrooms and honey!

1 Like