Foodies Unite #3 (trigger warning food) Let's TACO 'BOUT FOOD

Continuing the discussion from Foodies Unite #3 (trigger warning food) (Part 1) - #2556 by Alexander_Apollo.

Previous discussions:

2 Likes

Probably the most bipolar plate ever but I’m just happy to have an appetite again

17 Likes

I should always have a kielbasa in the house.

With roasted potatoes

Trying to get back to basics.

26 Likes

Mrs Photobomber! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes::heartpulse:

1 Like

I am so done with Gouda Cheese :grimacing::joy:
Grilled chipotle Gouda bacon and tomato.

12 Likes

Thank goodness I can kinda, sorta prepare something fresh for myself finally! This is a clean out the fridge salad with bleu cheese dressing and crumbles, leftover rotisserie chicken, and veg. The homegrown chopped chives are a nice touch. Sigh, yum.

13 Likes

Food is cooked kale, wheatberries, quinoas, rices and olive oil!
Watching the Olympic rowing… Men’s 8 Heat 2 coming up at 12:10 pm 7/24 Tokyo time, 10:10pm Central Standard time July 23 USA, etcetera.
Heat 2 is Netherlands, New Zealand and Great Britain. Go Team!
Heat 1 is USA and Germany, Romania, Australia, Ten minutes earlier. 12:00pm July 24 Tokyo time Heats/Reps: Men's & Women's Eight, Pair, Four, Lwt Dbl, more. 10;00pm July 23rd CST

12 Likes

Seafood Night at the Club.
Fried shrimp basket and
A cup of chowdah
Put a little Tabasco in it to give it a little kick.
Don’t knock it til you try it. It works.

Halibut Oscar with a little crab cake on top and some asparagus shit type sauce I’m not sure of.
I do like asparagus but not sure what they were trying to do here. But the fish was great!

16 Likes

I think we call them kabana here. I LOVE it! I love frying them up for breakfast :tada: there expensive here tho, like $4 a single stick of it :grimacing:

2 Likes

I love icecream sandwiches more than I should :joy:

17 Likes

Mmm haha… Some of yous know your good food! :ok_hand:

3 Likes

@Dazercat Eric is the king of cuisine here :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::tada::joy: always eating amazing foods and so much different variety :tada:

4 Likes

5 Likes

This is a really great discussion about food, covers many topics. Highly recommended :+1:

3 Likes

I mentioned in the check in thread that I was considering trying vegetarian keto. I did my macros yesterday and did some reading and actually, it’s not that difficult. I think the challenge will be keeping things interesting. But that’s part of the fun of trying a new diet, trying new ways of cooking certain ingredients, coming up with new meals. It will be very different considering how meat heavy my diet has been for 3 years on standard keto.

15 Likes

Managed to make omelets this morning. Here’s hubby’s (Mine was smaller and I had a piece toast. We ate our first heirloom tomato from the garden! So sweet and juicy.

15 Likes

14 Likes

You’re starting early. :yum:
Noice.

3 Likes

Nah man I worked a 14 hr day that was about 9 last night I was just too lazy to feed you steak last night :rofl:

5 Likes

Attempted mac’n’cheese.
All Americans in unison: that is blasphemy! :scream:

It ain’t pretty but sure as hell is yummy, so ya haters can keep on hatin. Idc! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes::grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes::grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

11 Likes