Foodies Unite #3 (trigger warning food) Let's TACO 'BOUT FOOD

You mean that’s not hot sauce? :flushed:

3 Likes

Nope. My husband has no tolerance for spice. I’ve been accused of putting pepper in things that I haven’t because he’s so sensitive. :laughing: Gives a whole new meaning to “ghost pepper”.

6 Likes

Oh my goodness! That would be so challenging. It’s interesting, since we’ve moved back to the Midwest US I’m encountering people who feel similarly and I wonder if tomato sauce in a salsa bottle would taste spicy to some of these spice-intolerant folks! :rofl:

2 Likes

That’s not exactly implausible! :laughing: As a kid, a friend of miner’s mother used ketchup and a can of tomato sauce as speghetti sauce. I was so horrified even then. :rofl: Apparently the ketchup added ‘spice’ to the tomato sauce. It literally did not compute in my brain. Though this woman was very… Interesting… In many ways.

I like spice, so it’s been an interesting challenge to learn how to tone it down. Sometimes I just add extra spice on my plate, but that’s not always a great tactic so I’ve been known to make two versions of something. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

3 Likes

Cheers buddy.
Passion Fruit and Pineapple smoothie.

Yes I cheated. And I LOVE IT!
They come frozen. I just add coconut water.
No messy mise en place :rofl:
No added sugar.
:pray::heart:
Googling curcuma :thinking:
Like turmeric. I like that. And good for ya.

8 Likes

Nice smoothie :star_struck::ok_hand:t2::grin: for the lazy chefs! :joy:
Ohh yes sorry, curcuma is the word we use in dutch.
In English it’s tumeric that’s correct :blush:

And yes tumeric is really healthy and good for detoxing your liver!

3 Likes

Mint chocolate chip! Mmmmmmm ice cream is my go to when I don’t drink and its a healthier choice too.

2 Likes

Lunch at Taverna
Fried Cauliflower with
Tahini labneh, shaata, cilantro (I need a Greek dictionary.) Very tasty with a bit of a kick.

Gyro with Greek Salad.

14 Likes

Greek food is my all time favorite :drooling_face:

2 Likes

These things always end up being more work than I expect. Homemade tomato sauce (sautéed onion, carrot, red bell pepper, garlic and spices, add tomato purée and simmer then blend with immersion blender), sautéed veggies, cook the Italian sausage, cook the pasta, mix together but not too much sauce, then layer with ricotta mixed with cottage cheese and Italian cheeses mix, top with Italian cheeses mix and parm on top. Bake 30 min covered, 30 uncovered, broil three minutes annnnnnnd DONE. I need a nap.

14 Likes

Ahhhh! I’ve achieved my vision for dinner tonight. Hooray.

14 Likes

Moo Shu Pork Bowl

14 Likes

This popped up as my ‘on this day 4 years ago’ picture this morning. Breakfast in Bangkok airport. I was so unprepared for how spicy this was :fire:

13 Likes

The potatoes turned out amazing! Some days, you just nail the seasonings.

13 Likes

These are a few of my favorite things! :musical_note: :musical_note: :musical_note:

1 Like

Penne with homemade Italian sasuage and arrabbiata sauce. :yum:

10 Likes

Love :heart: what the new guy is cooking :blush:
That would be my favorite pasta dish. But only if your arrabbiata sauce has a kick :leg:
Welcome :pray:t2: :heart:

3 Likes

I use cobanero chili flakes. It’s one of the spiciest chilis in my country, Guatemala. :black_heart:

3 Likes

Guatemala :heart::heart::heart:
I love Guatemala :heart::heart::heart:
I want to go back again so badly.
Sorry guys. Going off topic. We can let it slide a bit. I’ve been to Antigua twice on mission trips. I loved the food and the people and everything about Guatemala. And the coffee. :coffee: Welcome again Danny I’m glad you found us. I’ll keep my eye out for you on other threads. Let’s us know if you need any help navigating this wonderful forum. You can always find me on the gratitude thread if your interested. Daily Gratitude List #3

1 Like

If it’s a place that has kick ass food and kick ass coffee, I’d say it’s decidedly on topic.

2 Likes