Foodies Unite #3 (trigger warning food) Let's TACO 'BOUT FOOD

@AyBee I like your skills :ok_hand:t2:

@RosaCanDo You have some good looking tomatoes there, I bet they tast even better! :star_struck::drooling_face:

@Alisa I really like all of your healthy meals in this topic… It reminds me that I have to eat healthy too. Thank you :grin::+1::blue_heart:

5 Likes

That’s sweet, thank you. @ShadowFax
I do eat healthy. It’s just my preference and has been for most of my life.
Im basically no added sugar.
Only for the reason that it has too many calories and with certain things, most sugar, I can’t quit eating it. I can’t eat healthy honey because I’ll eat all of it. On occasion in controlled settings I will enjoy having sweets. On those occasions a reasonable portion is good for me. It sedates me some, makes me feel good. Chocolate bars are not a problem for me. It’s all around, I don’t eat it really at all, and should I, I wouldn’t eat all of it.
The forum has helped me a lot.

4 Likes

This is so nice, thank you :smiley: I have been feeling a bit down in the dumps recently and this has really cheered me up :hugs:

4 Likes

My morning cauliflower/potato curry.

Yesterday’s lunch,. I was so hungry I forgot to take a picture! Chicken Pesto Pizza with White Bean Minestrone soup. The soup was so good! I am sick of gluten-free things. However, moving into the winter, my body and skin cannot take it. Like alcohol - I.just.can’t.

10 Likes

Do you eat only vegetables and dairy or occasionally meet? I am cutting down my meat consumption a few months now. 2 days a week max. I don’t really miss the meat consumption but I noticed that I am getting hungry sooner. And then… Yes for me the chocolate bar comes out late in the evening… :blush::joy:
Especially since I don’t smoke cigarettes anymore I relay crave for sweets. Sometimes I wake up in the middle of the night craving for sugar.
For that reason sweets I don’t buy anymore… Trying 3 bars of chocolate in the week now and cutting down to zero in the couple of weeks… well that’s the plan :wink:

No added sugars that’s really nice @Alisa great job.:muscle:

That’s what I want in the future as well… But first things first… :pray::blue_heart:

4 Likes

Hey Roland. If you’re interested I started a No Added Sugar Thread awhile back. It’s open to all.

:pray:t2::heart:

3 Likes

Nice! Thanks Eric I definitely will have a look! :blue_heart::pray:

2 Likes

Grilled Salmon Salad at the Texas Roadhouse
With honey lime dressing.

10 Likes

11 Likes

Make a collage of @Hailstrom food for the art thread!! It really is like art! So picture perfect :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Nice to see you on the non fried side of food :joy:
We got a Texas Roadhouse a while back. They like to play the most country songs since we of course are not in Texas but it’s nice to have a restaurant from there

3 Likes

It’s getting cool in Northern Ontario Canada

10 Likes

Baby potatoes, salmon, yogurt chipotle aioli and basil grown by yours truly :yellow_heart:

10 Likes

Ya I gained a couple of queso and meat pounds in Austin. The salad was soooo good. And the country :notes: :musical_score: :musical_note: was so loud :grimacing:.

3 Likes

Some fried rice and eggs tonight. This brand isn’t as good as the other one I’ve had but this one also had me use the microwave

8 Likes

Chicken Sausage Cavatappi Bolognese

With Zucchini and Parmesan

10 Likes

@ShadowFax I mostly do not eat meat and have not for a very long time. The last six months or so, though, I have been eating chicken breasts to get the added protein. On occasion I have local venison. If someone has lovingly prepared some meat for me, like a pasta sauce or meatballs, I will happily eat it. This does not happen often. I eat turkey once or twice a year. I would not want a bloody steak.
I am not obsessive about it, just mostly do not meat. Have gone years without it. I eat fish (salmon mostly), yogurt, eggs, and if I had self control with cheese, I would eat more cheese. I am a cheeseaholic. As it is, I do not eat that much cheese, or, I buy a small portion, so if I eat the whole thing it is ok. ( I Love cheese! ) Alas, no big huge rounds of Gouda in my home.
I do not feel like I am tainted if I eat meat. Just choose not to.
I have happily and successfully eaten at restaurants for years without any trouble. Can’t stand if anyone suggests a vegetarian restaurant to accommodate me.
Most menus even prior to “vegetarian options” had great vegetarian options on their menus.
To not be a pain, I never really asked the waiter, but looked at the menu with my own eyes.
At a Mexican restaurant, for instance, they might have spinach topped enchiladas and a side of yellow and green squash. Great, I will ask the waiter if I can have a plate w the spinach, the yellow and green squash, some guacamole and pico de gallo, and perhaps some beans.
Same thing with another type of restaurant, get a salad, the potato, a vegetable or two and I am good. I am happy; it was not a hassle, ( hopefully not for the chef when someone orders a little off the menu)
I keep it simple and go with the flow.
With your mise en place skills you have a wonderful partly vegetarian life out there. You will figure out what to eat more of to fill yourself up. Root vegetables, beans, cheese, avocados, good healthy bread! The Quinoas and other whole grains. (Quinoa is actually not a “grain”.)
The latest health guru news has switched to some saturated fat is good for us and to primarily focus on avoiding the processed meats. I should quit eating the chicken bc it is processed, I do not want raw bloody chicken in my kitchen, sorry.
Bon appetit!

5 Likes

@Dazercat Minnie looks so good! Please give her a pet. I hope Daisy is doing better.

1 Like

Thanks. Pets will happen. Daisy ate off and on. Had a good lunch and a pretty good dinner. I think she’s ok now. I guess she had a hard week with the kennel and right to the vet for vaccination. Thanks. Appreciate it. :heart_eyes_cat:

2 Likes

@ Thanks for sharing! :blush:

If I eat meat chicken breast is my favorite, not much saturated fat and high in protein. Minced meat I also like because of its versatility. But since a few years there are allot of nice vegetarian products in my supermarkt witch I like although most of them are more expensive then real meat which I don’t understand.
And to be honest I am an Cheeseaholic too.:grin:

1 Like