Foodies Unite #3 (trigger warning food) Let's TACO 'BOUT FOOD

Today’s egg salad courtesy of Frank’s wing sauce and bleu cheese crumbles.

13 Likes

@Salty I prefer the “fix-it-and-forget-it” in the oven. If you have a nice stone or cast iron, I’d go that route. Stove top works, too. It just depends if I want to bother with the stirring.

You can’t go wrong with Low and Slow, though. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Perfect yokes for a fried egg sand. :+1:
Well done. Can’t be too soft. Cant be too hard. It’s a fine line. I might change my lunch plans. :grimacing:

Edit. Even wifey’s on board. :flushed:

3 Likes

Your aioli sounds awesome!!!

2 Likes

It’s plain Greek yogurt, an entire head of roasted garlic, a couple of tablespoons of chipotles in adobo, juice of a lime, a bunch of cilantro and salt and blended up
It’s my favorite think to put on tacos, fish, I even use it on my salads :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Pesto, kind of.

I don’t bother blitzing it up, just throw in all the bits loose. I used pistachios because I couldn’t find pine nuts. I think it was nicer tbh.

9 Likes

11 Likes

Definitely an egg sandwich kind of a day. I never do cheese @Salty of course it was great with cheddar and I always go for lettuce and mayo.

10 Likes

I have never put lettuce on a fried egg sandwich. Egg salad, yes.
Tomato on fried egg, yes.

I am going to have to rectify that.

1 Like

The trick is in just the right softness of the yoke to drizzle onto the crisp lettuce but still not make a big mess. Just a little mess. And my wife hates lettuce on her sandwiches but likes lettuce on my fried egg sands.

2 Likes

Meadow Club House.
Breads and spreads.

Black bean hummus, caramel butter, pickled veg tapenade. Not as good as the other one they use to do. I miss that blue cheese butter. @Alisa

Moondancer Oysters from the east coast.

Aisian pear mignonette

I got the chicken pot pie.

And the wife’s halibut, with some kind of kimchi on top, and a carrot purée and roasted Brussel sprouts looked so good I thought I’d post that too.

10 Likes

I rewatched my favourite foodie film last night, I adore this movie.

So funny and sweet.

Anyone else have any favourite ‘foodie films’?

2 Likes

I do have a nice heavy oval Henckels cast iron pot I was going to use. Smaller than my crockpot but it shall do. I think I’ll give the oven a shot vs. stove top. And make a nice loaf of soft egg bread to go with the stew perhaps. I’m avoiding to store and staying in jammies all day, so I’ll be making do with whatever ingredients on hand :laughing:

5 Likes

Everyone doing egg sandwiches? I did a triple egger :pig:

10 Likes

Everyone’s yolk game is on point. Looks like a yummy and beautiful egg Sammy :fried_egg:

2 Likes

Jiro - Dreams of Sushi is such a great documentary. Julie & Julia. The Ramen Girl (but I haven’t watched since Brittany Murphy died). I think there are a lot but I am not fully awake.

2 Likes

Yes, I really need to see that. I’ve heard a lot about it. Thanks :+1:

Good morning. The sauce is from Aldi and is quite tasty. I would enjoy it as an enchilada sauce sub. I’d have to kick it up a bit. Guilty pleasure: Taco Bell Pintos. My kids always get me some when they go. :slight_smile:

My tortillas broke, so I just mixed them into the scramble migas-style.

6 Likes

Looks great! And yes good one on the pistachio instead of pine nuts… I like pesto with pistachios :+1::drooling_face::grin:

3 Likes

Making some soep with leftovers from with carrots, potato’s and tahini.

10 Likes