Foodies Unite #3 (trigger warning food) Let's TACO 'BOUT FOOD

Homemade Sheppards pie made by hubby

11 Likes

Looks great. One of my fave comfort foods.
Love it.

3 Likes

It was quite yummy. We didn’t have enough beef so he added bacon and a small steak in there too!

2 Likes

Making my own Split Pea Soup.

And I got a cute baby Boule :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: at Sprouts

And ya I like my real butter.
No booze. No sugar. I’m having butta :rofl:

17 Likes

Look at those 2 synchronised, staring at you in unison :rofl::rofl::rofl:

3 Likes

Nice, not heard of this. Will defo be checking his out :+1:

2 Likes

I really like the ingredient showing @Callie99 started! It’s nice to see the beforehand
I’ve never have had pea soup and was not aware ham was included @Dazercat

3 Likes

Egg sandwich! I need some :fuelpump: this morning.

11 Likes

Split pea soup sounds amazing. Today I was going to blend up the left over cauliflower/potato curry with some roasted carrots and make a carrot curry soup. But I am wondering if I want to pop in those lentils I have. Hmmmmm.

I guess I will settle for a gluten-free baguette. I should attempt perfecting gluten free breads. I could sell them out of my commercial kitchen. Sounds like a lot of work and measuring. I am not really a measurer. So back to meats and cheeses. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Definitely not a dog friendly meal. They lost big time last night :laughing:. They’ll score Tuesday on steak night :yum:

2 Likes

You can do it with out the ham. Just use chicken broth. It should be a leftover ham bone from dinner. That’s how my Grammy always made it. I make it with veggie stock for my daughter since she’s a veg head. I should do that for her for Christmas. She’d like that. Thanks for the idea.
:pray:t2::heart:

Edit: I scored a Betty Crocker recipe on line. It was perfect and easy while watching football all day.

3 Likes

It’s an old one. Too funny. I’m going to watch it again soon.

1 Like

With that much peas and celery it’s not a friendly meal to anyone IMO :wink: :laughing:

3 Likes

More eggs.

Eggs salad today with lettuce on Oroweat Jewish Rye.

That’s a really good rye. I don’t think I’ve ever had Oroweat Jewish Rye Bread before.

8 Likes

Breakfast muffins for the next few days.
Pop em in the microwave for a few secs and ready to go

6 Likes

Citrus Pork Tacos.
With poblano, pickled onion and southwest crema, and cilantro

11 Likes

Excellent movie I saw at a museum about Ferran Adrià and El Bulli. I see it is on netflix and amazon.
I love, love loved reading “My Life In France” by Julia Child. The book so much more than the movie, simply bc the book was so much more Julia and her life in France. Beautiful portrait of each…

3 Likes

Great job chef! Looking good!
But you have to feed your dogs at least ones a day hé, you know that right? :rofl: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

This looks spectacular!! @Solanaceae

1 Like

Kinda food related… fired up my Aerogarden in my office again. Starting to grow! Genovese basil, Thai basil, mint, and parsley :herb:
Might use basil at lunch as I brought some cheese and little tomatoes

10 Likes