Foodies Unite #3 (trigger warning food) Let's TACO 'BOUT FOOD

I must try this! Thank you for sharing. I have ice molds and forgot all about them, too.

2 Likes

All i had was a frozen chicken pot pie lol. Jealous!!

4 Likes

Lol I’m in the jealous boat with you! I just had a sandwich :joy:

2 Likes

Just YES to that whole thing!

3 Likes

Carpaccio! Favorite! But where are the capers?? Hmmmmm??

2 Likes

Wow!! Plus WoW on the ice cube!! Is it hard to get the thyme to stay at the bottom?

2 Likes

This looks wonderful!

I hope you thawed it out and ate it Hot!

2 Likes

You were with me in spirit @RosaCanDo
Matt’s Famous El Rancho.
Chile Con Queso
Spicy salsa and some of those home made tortilla chips.

The only chip to never break apart in the cheese.

And I went basic.
Cheese Enchiladas with Chili con Carne.

Make sure you ask to have onions put on top so they make a double pass in the double broiler.
The best Carne period!!!
Might move back to Austin just for this.
Everything on the menu is great. They do the best salmon with a mango salsa. Maybe next time.

9 Likes

Sure, now you suggest that lol :laughing:

2 Likes

:sweat_smile::sweat_smile: love this

3 Likes

By far my most favorite ready salad I have found. I really like the poppyseed dressing

5 Likes

@Dazercat thanks for the inspiration.

I didn’t grow up eating picadillo, but it’s very much a Mexican comfort food. Seasoned ground beef with potatoes, tomatoes, peas and carrots, among other things (usually). I took creative license and chopped up leftover roasted veg from last night for mine. A great cold weather meal.

9 Likes

Perry’s Famous Pork Chop

Carved tableside on a hot cast iron plate Hand selected in the Midwest specifically for Perry’s, this sweet, smoky, sizzling chop is cured, roasted, slow-smoked and caramelized, served with homemade applesauce
And another cool mocktail, but no pic

11 Likes

Reminds me of Christmas and my Mimi. One of the traditions I carry through for Christmas morning. I deserve a little Christmas cheer.

12 Likes

If a gorgeous looking bagel and lox don’t cheer you up? You’re dead. I love that first bite where all the capers fall off :rofl: put ‘em down there with the onions will ya? :rofl:

2 Likes

Oh yum. I’ve never had capers, can you believe it?! Uncultured heathen that I am. I was eyeing a jar at the grocery store the other day. I should have just bought it.

Breakfast was an extension of dinner. Can’t get enough. Along with my newly completed placemats. I love them!

9 Likes

The presentation works. Then when everything falls off, I turn the bagel over and squish/force the capers into the cream cheese. It’s a process. :smirk:

@RosaCanDo It’s a very unique flavor. I love them, especially with fish/veal/carpaccio. Eric is the heathen because he has had them and thinks they’re overrated. Pshhhhhh,

4 Likes

I miss the food in Texas I don’t miss the spiders. I do miss the food.

2 Likes