Foodies Unite #3 (trigger warning food) (Part 1)

Farmer’s Market dinner. So much yum.

10 Likes

I would call it marinara or spaghetti sauce. Gravy makes me think of mashed potatoes. What do you call it where you are from?

1 Like

This is why I can’t post my food here :joy: That looks like a famous plate on Instagram lol

2 Likes

That’s what I was wondering! I’ve only called it pasta sauce… never heard gravy unless it’s thanksgiving!

2 Likes

We just call it pasta sauce here in Oz

2 Likes

I think “gravy” is an Italian American thing…someone correct me if I’m wrong.

4 Likes

It could be. I’m American but I’ve never heard of gravy for pasta, at least not where I’m from.

1 Like

3 Likes

Google is pretty great.

2 Likes

I heard them call it gravy on The Sopranos lol

3 Likes

My teen son made an Egg & Bacon Pie for Sunday lunch.

11 Likes

Pizza and Pastabilities at the club tonight.
You get to see and choose your veggies and or protein and pasta and sauce. I couldn’t decide so I told the chef to make me something light with the bay scallops and shrimp. He did a nice white wine and butter sauce with Zucchini, yellow squash, onions and mushrooms. And kicked it up with a bit of red chili flakes and parmesan. It was quite nice.

9 Likes

That’s a good son you got there.
Very nice. I never heard of anything like that. Looks delicious.

2 Likes

Very similar to a quiche I suppose

2 Likes

Some grilled leeks with tare sauce.

9 Likes

Beautiful looking produce. Looks delicious :heart_eyes:

The corn looks especially great, it’s always really uniform and bland here in the UK.

2 Likes

Definitely one of the benefits to where I live - super summer produce and some amazing sweet corn.

1 Like

Sånt har hänt till mig också :roll_eyes::see_no_evil::laughing:

1 Like

Mig med, lätt hänt när man bor en bit ifrån allt :joy:

1 Like

Eller om man har rumskompisar som inte bryr sig om det finns toaletpapper kvar… :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: