Foodies Unite #3 (trigger warning food) (Part 1)

Super food :yum:

Not sure if it is allowed hereā€¦? But as a massive foodieā€¦ I started to keep track of some of the restaurants I visited over the past yearsā€¦ but it will also be the nr.1 challenge in sobriety! Sober for 60 daysā€¦ restaurants being closed longerā€¦ so what will that bring in the near futureā€¦?? you can visit my website if you like at www.worldsbestfoodblog.com

Maybe I should focus on food without wine or alcoholā€¦ all tips are welcome my friends and fellow foodies !!

2 Likes

It donā€™t bother me. But I think @Salty knows of a foodies restaurant thread on here somewhere. I donā€™t remember the name of the topic.

And Iā€™m dying to eat out. :grimacing: We use to eat out all the time. Iā€™ll share some of my tips later if you like.
:pray::heart:

1 Like

This is one:

1 Like

Tex Mex Migas.

I canā€™t find these anywhere since I left Austin. I probably make them better anyway. :crazy_face:

SautƩ green bells, Onion, Tomatoes and jalapeƱos.
Once theyā€™re softened add crunched up tortilla chips. Not too crunched up. Add your beaten eggs.
Top with shredded cheddar. And a spicy habanero salsa (missing from pic.)
Served with tortillas on the side.
Usually served with refried beans or better yet black beans. But I couldnā€™t be bothered.
:yum: :heart::heart::heart::heart:

4 Likes

What took you so long :joy::joy::joy:

@Dutchbelgian

Everything is always plated in sections :joy: no presentation attempts in this house. BBQ ribeye steaks in the snow :snowflake: sautƩed mushrooms & onions, garlic butter wild Argentinian shrimp, potato wedges & roasted Brussels sprouts

8 Likes

Looks glorious! Iā€™m doing shrimp tonight, too. But in a stir fry. Buen provecho!

1 Like

And Iā€™ll be eating the rest of the heart cake when little guy goes to bed :rofl:

3 Likes

Shrimp and veggie ginger miso stir fry. Happy V Day!

@Salty enjoy your cake! Iā€™ve got some chocolate calling my name for dessert.

7 Likes

Yum!!
My plan with shrimp was to make shrimp and scallop linguine with cream sauce but too much on the go already with the stove so I saved scallops for tomorrow :yum:

1 Like

I actually looked for scallops but there were none to be had. I got some nice looking salmon for later this week.

Just posted this on the checkin thread :grimacing: :scream::joy::joy:
BEEF BOURGUIGNON
Is what cooking over here.

4 Likes

Looks great Rosa :yum:

1 Like

Thanks, yours too. I had an extra shrimp just for you! :yum:

1 Like

Did ya see my Migas up above for lunch today? Maybe ya missed it. I was going to take you but figured you see it.

1 Like

Was wondering if youā€™ve heard of Migas. Thatā€™s all.

1 Like

Just saw it! They looked good. I have heard of them, had them in Tucson a couple times and have made a version of huevos rancheros thatā€™s pretty similar. Thereā€™s a million types of huevos rancheros, based in using up stale corn tortillas for breakfast.

1 Like

Ya definitely lots of different heuvos rancheros recipes out there. No two places have the same. Not as big a fan of that one. The wife is though. I guess we are bigger Tex Mex fans than what do you call real or interior Mexican.

Well, then you add in chilaquiles and who knows what is what anymore! Iā€™m sure there are purists in each camp, but itā€™s all basically the same in my book, with personal preferences wrapped in there.

1 Like