Foodies Unite #3 (trigger warning food) (Part 1)

Wrap artist

1 Like

I am doing this!!!
I’ve never heard of spatchcock chicken til @Salty
And this looks like the most comforting food ever. Great choice tonight.
Any tips when I spatchcock my chicken. :flushed: Already found a good looking recipe it called for beer. I can use up one my beers I still have in my fridge for over a year.

1 Like

BBQ chicken legs in homemade marinade fresh off the charcoal grill.
Superb.
:+1::ok_hand::+1:

13 Likes

So pretty. We only use charcoal, and I miss the mesquite that we had coming out of our ears back in the desert. Made the best charcoal with the best smoke.

1 Like

When you don’t know what you want, always pick potato. :slight_smile: Green chili’s in there!!

7 Likes

Good kitchen shears will save your life. It’s the only way to go. I followed a recipe for roasting in a preheated cast iron skillet, but since I still need to refurbish my big skillet (we just discovered it rusted out after being left in the grill outside :woman_facepalming:t2:), I used my nonstick oven safe skillet. Heated a bit of oil and first laid in the veggies, then the chicken on top and in the oven it went. I seasoned the underside of the chicken and rubbed a bit of oil on the skin before sprinkling the rest of the seasoning on top. It was sooooo good!

1 Like

6 Likes

On a roll this morning. Cut up the steak from last night, purple/white onions, cilantro, tomatoes and a dash more garlic and lime. Gonna slow cook until the meat falls apart and serve over cauliflour rice. This is one dish my kids loved, they would argue over it on “leftover night”.

6 Likes

Do you just cook all day or what? @ProofOfLife
I guess it’s my bad checking the foodie thread so early and now I’m think I’m starving. :joy:

3 Likes

Today… the answer is YES. Its just my Dad and I too. I fast every other day… only eating dinner on those days. So, I really think about what we might want and how I want to prepare it… since I’m home alot. I love to cook, its a coping mechanism at the moment. So today I may have needed a little more coping… I got a lot going on later this week.

5 Likes

Aw so sweet… I got all my cooking experience from my dad. And 36 years in the restaurant business. I do the intermittent fasting thing. I just mentioned on the weight loss thread. I love only having to deal with 2 meals a day. It’s not for everyone. I do 98% of the cooking. Just me and wifey. And I’m sick and tired of it :grimacing:. Wifey and I had a deal. I cook one day. She takes us out to eat on her cooking day :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:. But with Rona we have not been in a restaurant for 10 months :grimacing:
It is nice to have a dishwasher. Although sometimes I would rather just do the dishes rather than meal plan and prep.
Please keep posting. You make me want to up my game.
:pray:t2::heart:

2 Likes

Makeshift salad at my desk after quick trip to grocery store. Forgot my avocado. Added cheese. I need to be better at meal prep!

9 Likes

I love strawberries in my salads. What kind of dressing?

Asian sesame :yum:

1 Like

So much stew :grimacing::crazy_face:
Lunch

I just don’t think stew freezers well.

2 Likes

Taco Tuesdays.
Or chicken fajita night.

9 Likes

Gosh, that looks tasty. I wish you could send me some, but my appetite is nonexistent.

1 Like

Yes, I’m eating the pb carrot bran cookies I made for my dogs! They’re damn tasty! :laughing:
Lupe is not as enthusiastic about them as Chucho was, and I don’t want to waste them.

6 Likes

:taco: for dinner.
:taco: for lunch.
You can’t have too many :taco:
Sausage egg and cheese :taco:

5 Likes

Right on, right on. I want some.

1 Like