Foodies Unite #3 (trigger warning food) (Part 1)

I cant help myself… I use minced most of the time and sautée it. Yeah, im gonna attempt this for sure. I LOVE the vegetable choices… all of it really. Gotta find some low carb flat bread. Ive seen it, now I’m gonna get it. Thanks for sharing this one!

1 Like

It was quite good I go for my dry rubs mostly but wanted some medium rare, next time I’ll have it moving @Dazercat :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I hope that myoglobin? is good for ya.

1 Like

It’s always in meat it comes from the cells and if I remember correctly it’s used to transport oxygen, it just changes color depending on cooking time. In Temps over 65 C (or something likely) it turns grey. It’s not dangerous and contains iron. So I guess it’s as good/healthy as a piece of meat. I can’t eat meat that’s just a little pink myself. But for some reason strange fact like this gets stuck in my brain. :joy: I also remember Disney songs, movie lines, old commercials and other things I’ve heard or read that’s useless to know.

2 Likes

I love having lots of options in the fridge for a lunchtime salad. A bed of baby greens, then spicy citrus cilantro slaw (the serranos were hot!) and some of the juice for dressing, a half cup of farro, blanched asparagus, some cubed chicken and some crumbled queso fresco. Fresh tasting and filling but not heavy. Leftovers are less boring when you can change up the components or application.

5 Likes

I was going to tag you in on my salad :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
Cleaning out my fridge too.

Here’s my Impeachment Salad. :crazy_face:
Finishing off the Flank Steak
Pistachios for crunch.
Sharp white cheddar.
Bells Spinach and Greenleaf
Purple onion and Broccoli
Honey Crisp Apples

@ProofOfLife
And I made my lemony garlic with a just a dab of grey poupon olive oil vinaigrette.

3 Likes

So happy my picky little guy ate some rainbow trout! Well, a little bit of it at least. I made a soy maple syrup marinade and baked in oven on parchment. He won’t do crispy (“crunchy” meat texture) lol :maple_leaf:

5 Likes

Beautiful. Good job, kiddo! Rainbow trout is a favorite, and we can get it really nice and locally caught in season here. Looking forward to that soon!!!

1 Like

Nice! I love these kinds of salads…making way for the next meal! We are going through a lot of leftovers right now and I have to resist the urge to cook until later this week.

1 Like

My wife made Hamburger Pie.
Burger sautéed with onion, can green beans. Topped with mashed potatoes and velveeta cheese. It was so good.

Nice to have the night off again.

3 Likes

Kind of like a shepherds pie 8sh

1 Like

Tuna Salad for me, with homemade diary free ranch, and yep it’s vegan cheese.
For some reason I love cold foods like Salads. Always did, even if I live in a cold country.

6 Likes

Looks great! I also like salads and other “cold” foods year round, and it’s only been this year since my husband has agreed to eat salads when it is cold out. I’m loving seeing the winter salads on here!

1 Like

Having my “Stuffies” from Iggy’s in Rhode Island.

Dad always had stuffed quahogs in the house growing up. That :rofl: I past on to my son.

4 Likes

My family doesn’t eat cold food in the winter. They had sausage and macaroni. :blush:

1 Like

We call that shepherds pie

2 Likes

Not with green beans and Velveeta cheese though. But I guess you could call it a version of a shepherds pie.

2 Likes

A deconstructed Sheperds Pie

1 Like

And on today’s menu, Corin’s Angel Hair with
:fried_shrimp: Shrimp in Clam Sauce :oyster:
Imported Locatelli :cheese: cheese, for my spoiled palet. And let’s never forget fresh :garlic: GARLIC

7 Likes

Looks wonderful. :yum:
I cooked a shrimp dish once :confused:

1 Like