Foodies Unite #3 (trigger warning food) (Part 1)

Im missing Nova Scotia these last few days so going to go get myself an eastcoast style donair from a local place near by lol

1 Like

Yum! Have one for me. Haven’t had one in about 7 years. I’m also missing fried while belly Digby clams :yum:

1 Like

Super food :yum:

Not sure if it is allowed here…? But as a massive foodie… I started to keep track of some of the restaurants I visited over the past years… but it will also be the nr.1 challenge in sobriety! Sober for 60 days… restaurants being closed longer… so what will that bring in the near future…?? you can visit my website if you like at www.worldsbestfoodblog.com

Maybe I should focus on food without wine or alcohol… all tips are welcome my friends and fellow foodies !!

2 Likes

It don’t bother me. But I think @Salty knows of a foodies restaurant thread on here somewhere. I don’t remember the name of the topic.

And I’m dying to eat out. :grimacing: We use to eat out all the time. I’ll share some of my tips later if you like.
:pray::heart:

1 Like

This is one:

1 Like

Tex Mex Migas.

I can’t find these anywhere since I left Austin. I probably make them better anyway. :crazy_face:

Sauté green bells, Onion, Tomatoes and jalapeños.
Once they’re softened add crunched up tortilla chips. Not too crunched up. Add your beaten eggs.
Top with shredded cheddar. And a spicy habanero salsa (missing from pic.)
Served with tortillas on the side.
Usually served with refried beans or better yet black beans. But I couldn’t be bothered.
:yum: :heart::heart::heart::heart:

4 Likes

What took you so long :joy::joy::joy:

@Dutchbelgian

Everything is always plated in sections :joy: no presentation attempts in this house. BBQ ribeye steaks in the snow :snowflake: sautéed mushrooms & onions, garlic butter wild Argentinian shrimp, potato wedges & roasted Brussels sprouts

8 Likes

Looks glorious! I’m doing shrimp tonight, too. But in a stir fry. Buen provecho!

1 Like

And I’ll be eating the rest of the heart cake when little guy goes to bed :rofl:

3 Likes

Shrimp and veggie ginger miso stir fry. Happy V Day!

@Salty enjoy your cake! I’ve got some chocolate calling my name for dessert.

7 Likes

Yum!!
My plan with shrimp was to make shrimp and scallop linguine with cream sauce but too much on the go already with the stove so I saved scallops for tomorrow :yum:

1 Like

I actually looked for scallops but there were none to be had. I got some nice looking salmon for later this week.

Just posted this on the checkin thread :grimacing: :scream::joy::joy:
BEEF BOURGUIGNON
Is what cooking over here.

4 Likes

Looks great Rosa :yum:

1 Like

Thanks, yours too. I had an extra shrimp just for you! :yum:

1 Like

Did ya see my Migas up above for lunch today? Maybe ya missed it. I was going to take you but figured you see it.

1 Like

Was wondering if you’ve heard of Migas. That’s all.

1 Like

Just saw it! They looked good. I have heard of them, had them in Tucson a couple times and have made a version of huevos rancheros that’s pretty similar. There’s a million types of huevos rancheros, based in using up stale corn tortillas for breakfast.

1 Like