Foodies Unite #4 (trigger warning food) DON'T GO BACON MY HEART!

Threw this together for dessert, angel food cake with strawberry sauce on chocolate ganache, topped with fresh whipped cream and more strawberries. :yum:

10 Likes

Oats are a pretty ordinary breakfast for me, but these looked so pretty :heart_eyes: Made a big batch of steel cut in my rice cooker and topped with a splash of half and half, blueberries, pecans, and just a drizzle of pure maple syrup. :ok_hand:t4:

14 Likes

Steel oats arent typically my thing but these made my moth water!!!

1 Like

My rice cooker makes them nice and tender :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I could definitely eat this for every meal.

3 Likes

Leftover roast peppers & tofu, warmed a bit. Added baby spinach & beets. No forks to be found in the kitchen at work so I had to maneuver eating with a little spoon :laughing:

7 Likes

Saw @RosaCanDo’s oats while I was sitting around waiting at the doctors office with a grumbling stomach. Had to come home and make some for myself :yum:

Apple, walnuts, shredded coconut, chia seeds, little cream & maple syrup (we still have 10 pints from the trees we tapped last month!)

10 Likes

Ok, @EarnIt Jené, since you said it…another quesadilla today. I don’t think I could eat them every day though!

I abhor wasting food and this was the last of the leftovers. Cooking dinner tonight!

11 Likes

Another work snack. Added some of my homemade pesto to a handful of leftover farfalle. Tossed in some chunked up Brie and walnuts. I think my pesto was past its shelf life but I took the risk. Smelled ok :laughing:

7 Likes

Today’s rice dinner

8 Likes

First time this year. Strawberry season has opened! Yay! :yum:

9 Likes

Mmmmm nice!

1 Like

Lookin at all y’all’s oats fruits and salads made me hungry.

Chompies Deli

Classic Grandpa Ruby’s Reuben
corned beef served with grilled sauerkraut, Swiss cheese, and 1000 Island dressing on grilled rye.
It needed more sauerkraut. Much more.

Not quite as good as Fromin’s in Santa Monica but I’ll get use to it.

7 Likes

Mashed potatoes with BBQ pork chops. I rubbed them with my special pork rub, then slather them with my BBQ sauce. When you take you first bite, the most common first thing out of your mouth is “Oh my God” rest of the meal is silent until the meat is gone…

Y’all come over for dinner

7 Likes

Thai coconut curry with baked tofu, carrot and spinach on brown rice. A hit!

9 Likes

Seems like all we eat is Mexican or pasta.

Couldn’t make up our minds tonight.
Mexican Street Corn Pasta
With red bells, jalapeño, and pepper Jack cheese.

9 Likes

Always read this thread! And always forget to post! I am attempting to let slip away my deprivation and binge tendencies by letting go of the idea of dieting while simultaneously committing to eating the most nutritious food I can at every opportunity.

For some reason this is making the “what to eat” idea really SIMPLE…while also (so far) taking away my desire to binge on nutritionally scant food (my tendency is tortilla and potato chips or crackers…I’m not sure why this is, but think that it dates back to using saltines to de stress after school when I was a kid)

ANYWHO…there wasn’t too much left in my fridge, but I’m committed to clearing it out before I go shopping!

Breakfast the last two days:
-sweet potato toasts with garlic sautéed spinach and 7.5 minute eggs plus secret ardvark hot sauce
-garlic sautéed spinach and roasted Brussels sprouts with avocado and 7.5min eggs and cholula hot sauce

6 Likes

Oh this looks delightful! I had forgotten all about sweet potato “toast” and I’m glad you posted because I have a couple I need to cook up. How did you prep and cook them, may I ask?

2 Likes

Hmmm solid question…I think I preheated my mini oven to 400…cut the top and bottom off the potato so I could slice down without it rolling. Cut into 1/4-1/2 inch pieces. Sprayed with olive oil and dusted simply with salt and pepper (usually I dust with salt and cinnamon for sweet potato, but I just stuck with s&p here. Turned over 20min in. Took them out as they looked done since my cutting was a little erratic…maybe about 35min for the thick ones?

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after reaching the maximum limit of 2500 replies. Continue discussion at Foodies Unite #4 (trigger warning food) DON’T GO BACON MY HEART! (Part 4).