Foodies Unite #5 (trigger warning food) TAKE ANOTHER LITTLE PIZZA MY HEART!

Continuing the discussion from Foodies Unite #4 (trigger warning food) DON'T GO BACON MY HEART! - #2530 by ELY83.

Previous discussions:

2 Likes

@ELY83 thanks for the sweet potato tips!

My savory oats for brunch don’t look like much and might sound strange, but they’re the best thing I’ve tasted in a while. Might be because I’m hungry. Steel cut oats warmed in the microwave with some salsa casera for moisture and flavor, stirred in some fried up ham, egg and scallions. Mmm

14 Likes

Brunch
Scrambled eggs, veg sausage, onion, mushrooms, spinach, and lots of fresh chives

20 Likes

Yum! You’re reminding me I need to start harvesting my chives now!

2 Likes

Yessss I’m so excited it’s finally chive time. I have been harvesting and drying them all week long. I love real big chunks of them and my father just informed me that my grandfather loved them that way also. A forgotten memory: My mum would cut them rather small and keep dried ones in the kitchen for eggs and my gramp was picky wanting big fresh cut ones. He’d make me or my sister go out each morning to cut him some whenever he was visiting.

4 Likes

That’s so sweet! That’s how I like them, too. I hadn’t considered drying them but I ought to…how do you fry yours?

1 Like

My mum always just cut em up and spread them onto a cookie sheet that would be left in a window for a few days. I add parchment under them to make it easier to pour them into a jar later and leave them on the counter in the corner of my kitchen with less direct sunlight and they seem to maintain a bit more of their color.

It’s pretty humid in our house so it takes 2-3 days for them to dry this way. With bigger batches I’ve thrown them on real low temp in the oven to speed it up.

7 Likes

That sound simple enough. I got a dehydrator for Christmas and I ought to break it out and try it.

3 Likes

Porridge with chocolate powder mmmmmmmmm
Morning and night everyday

9 Likes

My food choices have been questionable but delicious of late. I picked up these breaded chicken strips at the grocery store for my husband the other day (at least they’re freshly made in the deli) and there were two left over so I made an epic chicken sandwich for late lunch. :sweat_smile:

23 Likes

Looks tasty still take porridge tho :rofl::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

Trying to satisfy the afternoon sweet tooth.
Creamy oats with some frozen strawberries & mango and flaxseeds.

11 Likes

Well, this meal caps off my heavy foods streak and I’m committed to lighter fare! Uf! But, wowzers was this delicious :yum: Bone in pork chop (locally sourced) seared and the braised in the oven with whole milk, garlic and rubbed sage for 1.5 hrs (flipped halfway), then after removing chops, the remainder went in hot in the blender, then simmered and thickened with a beurre manié (new term I learned for flour and room temp butter mixture). Served with roasted asparagus and baby red potatoes and the sauce and I’m so full and so happy! With weather nice enough to eat on the deck. Ok. I’ll stop now. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

15 Likes

16 Likes

Houston’s.
Not in walking distance like in Santa Monica. But well worth the drive.

We couldn’t decide. Grilled artichoke. Or spinach artichoke dip. Problem solved.

Cajun grilled Artic Char.
With fresh creamed corn and pomme purée

10 Likes

Porridge just how I like it served with milk and brown sugar.

12 Likes

Good morning! A lighter-ish breakfast!

20 Likes

That looks absolutely delicious

3 Likes

Thanks, pal!

A had 3 boiled eggs was going to share but never decorated them😂

7 Likes