Foodies Unite #4 (trigger warning food) DON'T GO BACON MY HEART!

Carnitas came out so lovely and flavorful. hours in the crockpot and a couple minutes shredded up and under the broiler. Taco night is always good fun.

18 Likes

Oh my good lord!! I would take one of each and not regret a damn thing!!!

3 Likes

Bison chili- First time making it and it’s pretty dang good. I’ve missed chili lol

17 Likes

“Kung Pow” Chicken

Chicken, red bell pepper, broccoli, celery (very little), jalapeño (I reckon tha’s the “pow” in Kung Pow), green onion, peanuts, brown rice, soy sauce, honey, chili garlic sauce, rice vinegar, sesame oil, ginger

20 Likes

Just sitting here at the bar.

The Sushi bar!!! Yom yom yom!

17 Likes

I’m so proud of this meal! I’ve had this split turkey breast in my freezer for over a year and it came out juicy and delicious.

17 Likes

Roasted butternut squash soup

17 Likes

@RosaCanDo Those carnitas look so delicious. I’ve had a crock pot for 20 years and I’ve used it a few times, but really I never learned how to really use it productively and make something that tastes good… Besides roast. :woman_shrugging: That meat you have looks so nice and tender!

@Runningfree Once a year splurge! Trust me, if you lived near by, I would give you some. :slight_smile:

So, after years of longing, and a lot of research, I decided to get a KitchenAid (don’t judge me; I have commitment issues :laughing: ). It was at my doorstep when I came back from handing out cookies. I’d kind of hoped it would be here a couple days ago, but it is fashionably late.

I might be slightly salty at the timing. I mean, I’m not @salty, no one ever could be :heart:, but I’m good-naturedly salty. :laughing:

Not food, but I have to show it off!

13 Likes

Beautiful machine! I love mine for cookie doughs and in particular, pizza dough. So easy with the dough hook.

3 Likes

Thank you! I’m so excited to try it. I love baking bread, but sometimes it’s just too time consuming. I’m happy to hear such good words about yours!

3 Likes

I’d love a review after you used it a few times :blush: I’ve been thinking of getting one also
I see @RosaCanDo has one and likes it lol

3 Likes

First stop R and D Kitchen of course. Just a block away. Our favorite. Amongst others.

Dip Duo
Freshly made guacamole and a pimento cheese dip.

Seared Scottish Salmon with mashers and cream corn.

11 Likes

Great colour, looks delish :+1:

2 Likes

Pimento cheese :nauseated_face: let’s put that with meatloaf for me and arugula for you :joy:

But that salmon looks oh so yummy!

2 Likes

15 Likes

I love when I get to work from home. Dropped little man off at school then commuted back home to do online course/professional development.
Tofu & eggs

16 Likes

Usually I would agree with you :face_vomiting: I’m am not a pimento cheese fan at all. It’s gross :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: But this fresh made dip is so awesome. I don’t know what the hell they do to it buts it’s great :blush:

My wife ordered the mushroom meatloaf :face_vomiting:

2 Likes

I steer clear of anything in loaf form if it isn’t bread :joy::joy:

3 Likes

I put tofu on my shopping list. Thank you for the inspiration!

3 Likes

I’ve had a revelation. Not sure why it didn’t cross my mind sooner.

I’m a meal prepper. Aside from when I go on dates, anything I eat - I’ve cooked myself. Even on dates sometimes, we’re at my place and I’m cooking. My food is routinely eaten out of tupperware containers. Like an animal! :sweat_smile:

Over the weekend, I thought to myself – why not simply transfer the food from the tupperware to a real plate?
And that is how I became a man of culture.

(seriously though it feels way nicer)

11 Likes