Foodies Unite #4 (trigger warning food) DON'T GO BACON MY HEART!

I know Reuben very very well from my days working in a New York Kosher Style Deli.
Sauerkraut on top so the bottom grilled bread don’t get soggy.!
I’m a bit of a Reuben snob.

3 Likes

Me as well!!! If I go anywhere and there is a Ruben, I’m trying it so I can judge, lol! I have had a few WTF Rubens, that’s for sure! Lol and of COURSE the best I have ever had was at a really crappy dive bar that no longer exists.

3 Likes

I like making a big batch of something, freezing portions for later and then adapting them. This spicy sausage and white bean stew got the addition of spinach, tomatoes and Italian spices. Then parmesan and black pepper to finish it. Yummy on this grey and cold day.

11 Likes

Dinner at Silver Pine.
Couldn’t not get the Prime Rib. I think it’s been awhile. And a blue cheese salad.

With plenty of horseradish.

I’ve had less headaches since I have not eaten as much steaks and prime ribs. Anyone else think headaches can be cause by a beef coma?

9 Likes

I am refraining from making a kitchen joke about liking your meat. :laughing: Too much time working restaurants.

But really, looks amazing. Look at that great fat along the inside. That outerstrip look so tender!

3 Likes

Yes it was.
Joke away. :rofl:

1 Like

Been having a lot of anxiety attacks lately. Gotta get back to my passions. One of them being cooking

12 Likes

Eating less red meat is part of my migraine prevention. I think, but am not sure, it is helping. Need to keep better track in my health journal.

3 Likes

I tweaked my apples and oats. I cut my apple pieces smaller, coated them with cinnamon and then put honey all over them. We shall see how it turns out tomorrow

10 Likes

We’ll see what tomorrow brings. But I think I got some kind of correlation with red meat and headaches. My headaches are pretty weeny. But it’s still a headache. I don’t think it’s fair getting headaches when we’re not drinking. :grimacing: I can’t even imagine migraines. Thanks for the input.
:pray:t2::heart:

3 Likes

Only other thing I’d say is sometimes it doesn’t affect you until the day after. Not the next day. But I’d be interested to hear what you experience in a PM.

2 Likes

Okay dinner this evening was Spanish style chicken and rice!

13 Likes

It looks so pretty. Especially on your plates. :heart:

Friday night dinner on a humid evening
250g scotch fillet steak with lemon/herb seasoning and fennel, rocket, orange and anchovy salad.

9 Likes

Woke up headachey. Took Advil. Still headachey now. At least it’s tolerable. I think it’s the meat. I’m starting to find a pattern.

Hey @Chiron
I’m afraid to ask :grimacing: have you got an opinion? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: of course you do. About meat headaches. You like meat :cut_of_meat:

4 Likes

That is too bad! Maybe time to look at the quantity you have in one sitting, also.

1 Like

I did some fusion cooking today… Ratatouille - Bolognese :fr: :it: :joy: :yum:

12 Likes

Very nice :ok_hand: :ok_hand:

I like you healthy style! I think this turns out in being AMAZING tasty :star_struck: :wink:

1 Like

I love this idea! And love doing fusion stuff myself.

1 Like