Foodies Unite #5 (trigger warning food) TAKE ANOTHER LITTLE PIZZA MY HEART!

Better work on your presentation skills :joy:

4 Likes

No got time lol

2 Likes

My girls are still killing it!

We get new chicks and fertile eggs tomorrow!

16 Likes

This is the reason I donā€™t share mine :joy: my presentation is not on point like ever :woman_shrugging:t2: But itā€™s edible and thatā€™s what matters

6 Likes

In itā€™s own eclectic hipsterish way this was still a decent Dutch one-plate dinner consisting of carbs (quinoa), veggies (sauteed swiss chard) and proteins (organic hamburger coming from cows that lived their lives within the limits of Amsterdam municipality). It didnā€™t taste bad either.

14 Likes

Hi JenƩ! :smiley: :wave:

4 Likes

Is that a double yolk? :star_struck:

4 Likes

I take my wife to all the best places.

The burgers were fantastic.
Since itā€™s our first time back here in about 5 years we both had.
The Big Earl Burger
Of course.
All-natural Black Angus beef (1/3 lb.) lettuce, pickles, tomatoes, onions, Big Earlā€™s seasoned mayo on a fresh grilled bun.

@Runningfree I went with the Fried Smoked Gouda Bacon Mac ā€˜n Cheese Bites :yum: :wink:

16 Likes

That burger looks awesome!

2 Likes

These are the best kinds of places IMO.
They do breakfast. I bet their biscuits with Big Earls sausage gravy is phenomenal!

2 Likes

Lol I was so confused being tagged in a burger post. Those Gouda bites sounds amazing!!!

3 Likes

Yep! It sure is. Not bad for 3-year old hens.

5 Likes

Can we see a pic of the new chicks? :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

When I pick them up tomorrow, I will definitely share pics and some of my ā€œoldā€ girls, too!

*Edit: I am getting these chicks for free because they were all ā€œschool hatched,ā€ meaning schools hatch them then send them back to a lady in town. She deals mostly in fertile eggs, so doesnā€™t want to deal with them. They could all be roosters, thatā€™d be interesting.

Donā€™t send me to purgatory, chicks and chickens count as food providers. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Fill your life with sober thingsā€¦learned how to scratch cook has payed offā€¦not only is the food betterā€¦it helped trap Ms. Monkey, and has brought her family back to the dinner table.

BBQ chicken and homemade Mac and 5 cheeseā€¦I would absolutely put it up to any restaurant or any chef

Fresh pasta is a killer ingredient. Best investment I made.

13 Likes

Neat! I love it! As a Mexican I have to say I love roosters and their antics, too. My great grandmother had one as a pet and Iā€™ve grown up hearing stories about him. Thanks for sharing!

5 Likes

All of it is a wonderful investment in you, your family, and your health. Even if the food isnā€™t ā€œhealthyā€ per se, itā€™s always going to be better than anything from a box or a restaurant because you know exactly what is in it. Iā€™m glad you share with us here, Scott!

5 Likes

Right! This mac and cheese ainā€™t no healthfoodā€¦but I get cheese with as few preservatives as I can. My Spice rub has no preservatives. Other than caloriesā€¦nothing chemicalā€¦as much as possible.

7 Likes

Iā€™m sure Ms. Monkey appreciates that, especially as a BC survivor! :heartpulse:

5 Likes

I only ordered the fried Mac n cheese because of you :heart_eyes:. I really never heard of it before until you mention it from Pistachio Land or wherever you were. And then I come across them here. They were pretty awesome. Iā€™m sure theyā€™re real healthy for ya too. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

4 Likes