Foodies Unite #5 (trigger warning food) TAKE ANOTHER LITTLE PIZZA MY HEART!

Went to our favorite hole in the wall dive downtown for the first time since the pandemic started. We missed this place! I also hadn’t eaten here since being sober and I was happy to be perfectly content with water with my meal. Had been craving a patty melt for a loooooong time and theirs used to be the best. I think they got a new cook because everything was even better than we remembered and not overly greasy. Eric got a tasty green olive and Swiss burger.

14 Likes

Good Sunday morning! Bagel, egg and sharp cheddar cheese with wilted spinach and tomato. Edit: forgot to mention the cream cheese with fresh chives! Double cheese woooo!

And, yes, there’s egg on my face :woman_facepalming:t2:

13 Likes

Young turnip leaves or what do you call 'm in English. Great stuff for salads, soup, sauteing or, of course, stamppot (with mashed potatoes and bacon). Only in season a short while. Like right now.

11 Likes

They look so tender!

1 Like

They’re crispy and have a peppery and a bit mustard like taste. Very yum!

3 Likes

Back to
The Living Room.

I bilt my own omelette :yum:
BUILD-YOUR-OWN OMELETTE
With Hash Browns.
Swiss I Bacon I Diced Bell Peppers I Spinach I White Onion, waiting for the salsa.
And some whole wheat toast.

@Ravikamor WT actual F are these? :scream:

Thinking of you.
I will not be getting these. There’s probably sugar somewhere in them.
I actually see people injecting stuff in their hole, :scream:
Donut hole that is, with a very large plastic syringe type thingy.
Looks like fun.
I’d be all over that Bavaria cream :yum:

7 Likes

8 Likes

Gonna go out on a limb and say there is sugar ALL in them lol

5 Likes

Eric I’m not sure but injecting your hole with chocolate cream brings the donut to the next level!!!
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

6 Likes

5 Likes

Burnt cheese :grimacing: pork and poblano enchiladas verdes.

Keep an eye on them in the broiler so they don’t burn they said :smirk:
Topped them up with some spicy crema and green O’s and they were tangy and delicious

12 Likes

Second baked good thingy I’ve made in the last 2 months. Completely gluten free, all “good” ingredients. The coconut pieces are unsweetened.

The flavor is good and if you must, I recommend it. I miss “real” baking, but if you can’t “be with the one you love…” :laughing:

@Dazercat your enchiladas look amazing.

11 Likes

Watch that glass dish under broiler too! :scream:

2 Likes

Oh my goodness, my thoughts exactly!!! Even pyrex isn’t safe for those temps/direct heat :flushed::flushed::flushed:

2 Likes

@Salty and Rosa I did not know this!!! :astonished::astonished: I only have glass dishes like that (not sure why) I’m glad none have broken on me

3 Likes

Yup - Google the heat capacity for your glass dishes.

It shouldn’t have to be said but never on a hot stovetop, either. I say it because I had one on my stove drying and accidentally turned on the wrong burner once and the thing freaking exploded! I was lucky to not be nearby. It sounded so scary, like a car wreck. Glass shards and fine slivers everywhere. It was almost impossible to clean up and I worried for my pups for a while.

4 Likes

10 Likes

So pretty! Okay I guess I’ll have eggs too :yum:

3 Likes

Leftover curry with a fried egg and fresh chives from my garden. The curry got spicier! :hot_face:

10 Likes

Blacked Salmon on a ciabatta

I don’t even know what restaurant I’m in :laughing:

12 Likes