Foodies Unite #7(trigger warning food) GNOC, GNOC, GNOCCHI ON HEAVEN'S DOOR!

Lactation cookies with: oats, chia, ground flaxseeds, coconut oil and brewers yeast (all milk producing ingredients) the brewers yeast is DEFINITELY an acquired taste :face_with_spiral_eyes: but shoved into oatmeal chocolate chip cookies it wasn’t too bad

11 Likes

Oh my god, it’s hard for me to even smell it! Ouch!

2 Likes

Thanks @RosaCanDo

@Juli1 That looks like a nice recipe. I will try this weekend. And give it a crust of hemp seeds :blush:

2 Likes

Rosa what are these sprouts? In england the sprout is something completely different
:heart:

2 Likes

These are alfalfa spouts. We also get broccoli sprouts or other “micro greens,” which are all just different kinds of sprouts. I think in Asian dishes most commonly used sprouts are mung bean sprouts, a lot thicker.

4 Likes

These are sprouts over here :smile:, thank u Rosa
they look yummy! Im going to try and find those for my salads etc, im trying to lose weight at the moment so anything healthy and different is great :+1: :heart:

8 Likes

Ah! Yes, we call them Brussels Sprouts. I love those, too!

3 Likes

Yes brussel sprouts i forgot the brussel part :laughing: everyone just calls them sprouts hence my confusion (doesnt take much)

4 Likes

Doing a @Dazercat with my pooch in the background :blush: my brunch

15 Likes

:+1: who’s the cutie?

2 Likes

Ahh thats my old boy Reggie, hes 11 years old
love him so very much :heart:

6 Likes

Is there a healthy eating thread on here? To swap healthy recipes etc?

3 Likes

I wasn’t going to post this but I have to
look at this egg color! It’s one of those farm eggs I got and the yolk was huge and such a pretty dark color. Made my breakfast sandwich so yummy!

12 Likes

Not necessarily, but there are some posts on this thread of “healthy” dishes. It would be kind of hard to distinguish what is considered healthy or not in my opinion unless you were using some specific parameters, like keto or low carb, or what. There is a vegan food thread though!

4 Likes

Yes i hear you, thanks Rosa :blush:

3 Likes

That being said, you could always start one and request that recipes posted had the nutritional facts included! I’d definitely be interested in that!

2 Likes

Hmmm
food for thought indeed :blush:

1 Like

Chicken stock day! I save my kitchen scraps that are suitable for stock in my freezer for this purpose and usually add a fresh onion and garlic plus peppercorns. This time I had some celery hearts in my fridge so I threw them in. Also had a rotisserie chicken carcass to include and I’m using two leg quarters I had in the freezer. I’ll keep an eye on them and when close to done I’ll take them out and the meat off for the soup then throw the bones back in. Fun stuff when you have the time for it!

14 Likes

Can you still only eat icecream?:pensive:

Get well soon!:sneezing_face:

2 Likes

It’s best :sweat_smile::face_with_thermometer:

But I will cook a pot of asian chicken soup now!
The throught hurts a bit less since noon. :muscle:t2:

4 Likes