Foodies Unite #8(trigger warning food) PLEASE DONUT LEAVE YET... I'M FEELING CANNELLONI!

I disagree. Not enough sauce!

7 Likes

I didn’t think it possible.
And I hated to admit it.

4 Likes

Breakfast fruit bowl with apple, mango, blueberries and pomegranate and homemade kefir to have alongside.

10 Likes

How are you finding your homemade kefir? I tried, I really tried…I love the commercial stuff but think it’s full of sugar…I just didn’t like my own version! And it was such a daily commitment, gave me COVID sourdough fears…

2 Likes

It took me a while to get into the groove but I now have a routine where I strain the kefir as I’m doing the dishes so it’s automatic now. I’m also used to the sour flavour now and I’m not sure how long it’s been since I had the store bought kefir. It’s a lot simpler than making yoghurt which I was also doing for a while.

3 Likes

I’ve been inspired by @Starlight14 winter salad to use the cavolo Nero I got from the farmers market in a salad. I’ve only ever had it cooked before.

12 Likes

I can’t wait to be able to chew properly again! In the meantime the last of the potato leek soup is helping. I had two root canals yesterday. Onward and upward! And more cooking and eating in my future.

13 Likes

Comfort food. Who grew up eating macaroni, ground beef ( today I took mild Italian sausage out of the casings and broke it up), onions and diced tomatoes?
DELISH! :ok_hand:

12 Likes

I could eat that! Yes I grew up with similar and it’s the type of dish my husband will cook on occasion. Yum.

2 Likes

Ooh that looks lovely, did you enjoy it? U used olive oil and lemon on my kale first apparently that softens it an stops it being so bitter

2 Likes

It was really nice, and my son was raving about it!

2 Likes

Oh great!! Super healthy too :blush:

2 Likes

I missed my chance to get a dog in Chicago :grimacing:
My friend said to try Portillos, they’re from Chicago

Maxwell Street Polish
With mustard and grilled onions.

12 Likes

Had a hankering for stuffed mushrooms. I normally use diced bacon in the filling with sautéed stems, onion, shredded cheeses, cream cheese. Out of bacon so I subbed smoked mussels to get that smoky flavour. Might sound odd but was tasty. Bonus more protein & iron

14 Likes

Thought I’d try my hand in a potato leek soup. Saw a recipe in the Washington Post. Also brings back memories of our 6 hour family trips to Canada stopping off at the Jack O Lantern Inn in North Woodstock NH. Just googled it. It’s still there :scream: Anyway…

13 Likes

Lunch is Gorgonzola and apple and fig chutney on sourdough with leftover kale salad.

13 Likes

Just curious, did you add cream?

1 Like

Yes. Quarter cup at the end.

1 Like

Yes! Portillos is awesome. The dogs are are good but my favorite are the beefs. Wet, with (peppers), mozzarella cheese. Now i know what I’m getting for lunch haha.

1 Like

Ya, they sounded and looked great! I kinda wish I had gotten one. Maybe next time if I can get wifey to go back. Too much “snap” on the dog for her :laughing: How are the burgers? Maybe I can lure her back for a burger.