Foodies Unite #8(trigger warning food) PLEASE DONUT LEAVE YET... I'M FEELING CANNELLONI!

Dang, @AyBee you have a way with those sprinklies! I remember a chocolate cake you did with them. You’re quite the cook and baker! Congratulations for each and every day and all special occasions for you and yours.

2 Likes

The sprinkles not only look nice, but they help stop the cling film from sticking to the icing when it’s covered.
:+1:

3 Likes

It’s not much to look at, but it’s a triumph that I was able to eat solid foods today with this leftover salmon, onions and tomato with rice that my husband prepared (I could only do a few bites at the time and had to switch back to soup). I put a lemon garlic aioli on top that I like and it tasted so good after a week of liquid diet. Teeth are still a bit tender to chew with on one side but I could test them out and it was all soft enough. So grateful! It’s his turn for a liquid diet after his dental work yesterday so I’ll be cooking up something soupy. No idea what we are going to do for thanksgiving but it will have to be soft!

11 Likes

I just put these in the crockpot with some gochujang, soy, coconut sugar and other goodies. I asked for a pound but they threw in an extra bone because I waited 20 minutes patiently while they cut them. We’ll see them in 4-6 hours. My convalescing body wanted meat.

9 Likes

My type of food, especially with plain rice and quick pickled veg like cucumber onions and carrots and radish.

3 Likes

I bought kimchi, will make some rice and roast some broccoli with it. Its a meat and veg day.

4 Likes

Beautiful, I love kimchi and love broccoli roasted with garlic, chilli and almond slices.

2 Likes

Oooh I was just feeling plain old olive oil and chili flake on my broccoli but you’ve given me something to ponder. :thinking:

1 Like

Doctored up frozen chicken rice soup for the win tonight.

9 Likes

Dinner is served. Rice, broccoli, kimchi and short ribs in some very silky gravy.

11 Likes

Scrambled eggs this morning were a good choice.

12 Likes

Feeling good today, busy in the kitchen.

11 Likes

Yum! What is the white… feta?

1 Like

Greek restaurant for lunch today. Greek salad, chicken souvlaki, lemon rice, and roasted vegetables (it was dim lighting so pics didn’t turn out very great)

13 Likes

Mexican cheese :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Queso fresco

3 Likes

I wish we had a decent Greek place! Looks great.

1 Like

My other guess :laughing: I’ve still yet to try it!

1 Like

Mild and slightly salty, crumbles easily. It’s meltable too. My fav!

2 Likes

Beef and barley soup. I chopped the beef in small small pieces so it’s easier for our mouths. I’m glad it came out so tender. And the broth is luscious! Full belly of sustenance feels great.

15 Likes

Pan seared Atlantic Salmon and Beechers Macaroni & Cheese

13 Likes