Foodies Unite #8(trigger warning food) PLEASE DONUT LEAVE YET... I'M FEELING CANNELLONI!

Black salsify yum! I forgot that it’s now available :heart_eyes: Preparing is a mess but so worth it!

3 Likes

Peeling them with a peeler while wearing surgical (or kitchen) gloves, no problem.

3 Likes

Mexican food for lunch today. I forgot to ask for double rice :sob:

14 Likes

Never thought about wearing gloves :sweat_smile: Ty!

2 Likes

Baking cookies for my cookie exchange tomorrow. First up are scotchies!

16 Likes

Looks delicious @Mno ! Bon appetit! Your food is always the very best.
:purple_heart::people_hugging::purple_heart:

@Louloubelle it is my observation and experience that Europeans and possibly British very much frequently use the whole pumpkin as a vegetable. Americans tend to use butternut squash, delicata squash, what we call autumn and winter squashes, but tend not to cook with pumpkins, except for pie
Of course, this is not an hard rule and times do change.
The Europeans on the other hand, use fresh pumpkin a lot more in their roasted vegetables, soups, and stuff like that.
Most of the pumpkin pies in the United States, are made with canned pumpkin and even on some of the cans it is noted that it’s not really pumpkin in the can it’s something similar.
Very few people I know would actually make a pumpkin pie with a real pumpkin.
Correcting to add that lots of people that I know would actually use real pumpkin, but the masses out there do not.
The masses of people in America basically get pumpkins to put on their steps for Halloween and make jack o lanterns.
Pumpkin is nutritious, flavorful, and a definite antioxidant. I’m glad that the people out of this country do use it as much as they do.

Here is a recipe… you can put custard on top!

6 Likes

Tex Mex Beef Enchiladas

I remembered the extra beans :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
Cuz I didn’t cook any rice.

14 Likes

Hi Alisa, thank you so much for the informative reply. I had no idea that pumpkin came in cans either :flushed:. I love learning about the foodie differences between the US & UK.
Yeah so pumpkins would generally get eaten in a savoury dish here, like stew or soup etc. But butternut squash is most commonly used. We use roasted butternut squash in loads of dishes; pasta, curries, warm salads or spiralised like spaghetti… you get the idea.
My hubby & I like to stuff baby pumpkins with sage and goat cheese and then roast them whole. Delish!
Thank you for the recipe. I’m going to give this a go at some point :heart: X

4 Likes

Pumpkin bread is common too, at least I’ve made it a lot. ( Muffins also)
Used to make many loaves at Thanksgiving to give to friends, but good anytime of year.
What we call a “quick bread”.
Like you would make zucchini bread.
A loaf bread typically. Sweetened.

Your stuffed baby pumpkins sound wonderful! Sage is perfect with both pumpkin and butternut.

3 Likes

The pumpkin bread sounds delicious :yum:

Here’s the stuffed baby pumpkin recipe. We serve it with salad including blackberries X

9 Likes

Wow!! I’m in love. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Thank you, so much. xoxo

2 Likes

Todays Sunday roast…roast chicken, fry light roast potatoes, roast sweet potato, mix of broccoli cauliflower and savoy cabbage and a splash of gravy. Simple but lovely :yum:

16 Likes

Made my leftover fajita meat into nachos for lunch

12 Likes

You are smashing the healthy eating!!

2 Likes

Ohh thank you, i miss my Yorkshire puddings but needs must, ive promised myself il be good until Christmas eve and Christmas day and on those 2 days i will eat whatever i want then il be back at it

3 Likes

Great plan and you will deserve every morsel! I love the Yorkies as well, along with the Cauli cheese and the stuffing and the…:rofl:

2 Likes

God yeah…just EVERYTHING really :laughing:

2 Likes

Trying to keep up with some healthy food during the Holidays.

8 Likes

If you haven’t had ground Elk Shepherds Pie … you missing out! Stupid YUM!

14 Likes

Oh. My. Effing. Gawd :scream:

GINGER APPLE PANCAKE Ginger spiced pancake | caramel apples
|butterscotch chips |granola | sweet cream | powdered sugar

I’m glad I don’t eat like this anymore.
Still The Holidays right?
Just one :laughing:

12 Likes