Foodies Unite #8(trigger warning food) PLEASE DONUT LEAVE YET... I'M FEELING CANNELLONI!

Saturday night pizza with red onion and peppers.

16 Likes

Angela Hartnetts ginger lemon chicken with broccoli, kale, green beans, roast shallots and Parmentier potatoes with rosemary and garlic. Very homely and warming :two_hearts:

16 Likes

The hubs wanted to try Saltgrass. Uber expensive :grimacing: I got some salmon and it had crab meat on top. The salmon was great but the crab meat was cold, like it had been refrigerated, which was weird.

10 Likes

That is weird…huh🤔

2 Likes

Yea, it was really off putting. Once I took the crab meat off the salmon by itself was great

2 Likes

Starvin Marvin after a 2 hour hike this morning :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Tried to get a good veggie protein load in.
Roasted Veggie skillet scramble with egg whites and a grilled chicken breast and
broccoli, onions, green peppers, kale, tomatoes, cheese. Dry home made sourdough barely toast :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

17 Likes

Baked Mac N Cheese

15 Likes

Yesterday was date night at home and my fiance wanted sea food! So i decided to go to the fishmonger and do everything from scratch to keep me busy as saturdays would usually be the days id crack open a MAGNUM of prosecco, not a bottle a magnum!!! And id polish it off to myself whilst sitting in the house watching telly, what actually was the need i wonder now :thinking:.

Anyways! I made garlic and basical seared scallops to start, garlic and white wine mussels, then a pan fried sea bass with a garlic lemon and white wine sauce on top.

Now i knew when reading the recipes that if i bought white wine to make the food i wouldnt be strong enough just yet to pour the bottle away. So i got some white wine stock pots from tesco and wow :heart_eyes: so so so nice!! The sauces actually tasted better, especially the mussels. It was not too over powering and had a lovely subtle taste! Any other reccomendations for alcohol alternatives when cooking would be appreciated as i dont want to get in a habit of avoiding making certain things

12 Likes

19 Likes

Amazing. I use the red wine stock pots as well…I also freeze red wine into these pouches you can get specifically for liquids like milk. They have a twisty opener and reseal. For white wine I also use a splashof soiusxang (horrible spelling) cooking wine as I know I would never drink that… Says someone who’s had hand gel :weary:

Your food looks beautiful by the way :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

I use balsamic vinegar for pasta sauces, bolognese or red meat stews etc instead of red wine. Just splash a few spoonfuls in the pan when the meat is browned (or onions/veg softened), let it evaporate and then put your liquids in for the sauce.
:squid:

3 Likes

Cooking wine ive never heard of!!! Thank you ill have a look at this and thankyou :heart:

I have balsamic vinegar i never would have thought to use it instead of red wine! Thankyou ill give this a go :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

I’ve made the tiniest Yorkshire puddings ever to go with the turkey roast later on. So cute :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I wonder how many of these make a portion?

18 Likes

Think I’d end up ‘sampling’ them before dinner… until there were no samples left :rofl::smiling_face_with_three_hearts: X

3 Likes

Welcome Kirby
Nice feast :yum:

1 Like

Canapes? With little pieces of dinner inside them! I’m in!

1 Like

These look like profitteroles now i want profitteroles :rofl:

2 Likes

I love profiteroles :drooling_face:

2 Likes

Oh my god yes !! Count me in too ! X

1 Like