Foodies Unite #9 (trigger warning food) WHAT THE FOCACCIA?! THIS BUTTER BE IMPORTANT

My first attempt at a British Indian restaurant (BIR) Curry. I went a bit heavy on the Mr Naga and it went from a chicken tikka

Madras to somewhere between a Vindaloo and a Phall! Very hot but delicious :yum:

18 Likes

Well done I worked part time in an Indian restaurant for eighteen years and that’s exactly how they start their base sauce with whole onions and loads of tbig tins of tomatoes. looks wicked way to hot for me though🥵 chicken tikka looks amazing I’d eat loads of that

2 Likes

Looks amazing :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Thanks! Some base gravy recipes can be quite complex but i found this one that can been done using few ingredients and can be ready in 30 minutes! Onion, carrot, tomato puree, mix powder, salt and a litre of water. I got this recipe from YouTube (al’s kitchen)

2 Likes

Thank you :blush:

2 Likes

Basically the meal a Dutch man would expect his wife to provide at 6 pm sharp every day of the week. How it was in my (early) youth. Spuds (although normally they would have been boiled, when there were leftovers they might get fried the next day). The season for local green beans is slowly ending alas. They used to be much longer cooked :nauseated_face:. And some meat if we could afford it, not every day. A meatball or a pork chop maybe, otherwise some gravy from the day before. No cheese schnitzel like I’m having. No mayonaise either back then.

18 Likes

I thought this was a crispy pancake! Oh the nostalgia!

5 Likes

Caesar salad with halloumi and charred pepper pizza

15 Likes

13 Likes

Le Cafe de la Plage

Le Jambon Beurre
Black forest ham, butter spread, Swiss cheese,

They asked me if I wanted it microwaved :scream:
Don’t you dare put that beautiful fresh made baguette in the microwave :scream:
I want it crispy and chewy.
I could eat ten of these.
Edit: they are mini baguettes.

14 Likes

Sugar free chocolate blueberry ice cream. I could whip it to better consistency but I wanted it now. Turned out very good.

16 Likes

Lol…I totally get that. Glad it tasted good :yum:

2 Likes

Can I get a hallelujah to mayonnaise :raised_hands::raised_hands:

4 Likes

Lol when addicts need something now it’s right now no messing about tallie :ok_hand:

3 Likes

hallll

Only if I had company would I have taken the time to whip it good.

3 Likes

image it’s that time of night I get silly past midnight

2 Likes

Mini… maxi I’d be all over that :ok_hand:

1 Like

Your reminding me of my youth now it was similar only we had cabbage maybe 5 days a week I don’t eat much cabbage anymore

2 Likes

I’m trying out a new takeaway :takeout_box: this evening, I got beef brisket loaded fries and a steak chimichurri taco :taco: and it didn’t disappoint only thing is I’m not fit to move now :joy:

11 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after reaching the maximum limit of 2500 replies. Continue discussion at Foodies Unite #9 (trigger warning food) WHAT THE FOCACCIA?! THIS BUTTER BE IMPORTANT (Part 9).