Foodies Unite #9 (trigger warning food) WHAT THE FOCACCIA?! THIS BUTTER BE IMPORTANT

I honestly need to yank out some bread things today. Though measuring for me only happens with bread, even making GF bread improves my mood.

3 Likes

Awwwwww! This reminds me of my grandmothers and what the sent along with me in my life, and I to my kids. That doesn’t happen in the U.S. too much.

2 Likes

Yeah i dont mind doing a bit of baking
,couple of times a week in work ill try to make a batch of scones,muffins or some straight forward breads,some people are put off by the all the measuring and messing around but its worth it in the end :+1:t2:

2 Likes

Everytime i have egg and soldiers it takes me right back to my childhood :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Garlic lamb Bhuna and jeera rice

14 Likes

Ahi Tuna burger with a view

12 Likes

Jealous! I’d drink the Tapatio and ahi up!

2 Likes

I’ve had better Ahi burgers. Too cooked. I like the sushi grade stuff. But there’s still tons of stuff for me to try. I had to cross the PCH on foot today. I don’t think I’ll do that again. Too nerve wracking. But it was a nice walk on the beach. Met a sea lion :seal:

4 Likes

Water. Bagel lunch place. My first time at a bagel lunch place. Tuna melt and burrata salad. Destructured it. Found the arugula! Latte
Blueberry milk shake, home made.

Bon appetit everyone.
Food and water are life.

@Tony1878 would love to see your Brown Soda Bread recipe. I’ve made it tons. Mine was delicious coming out of the oven, and the day of, not so good the next day.

11 Likes

My friend had me take home fried rice with spicy tiny sausages. She informed me the garlic and spice will help my taste come back. She has much love. She’s also a better cook than even I am.

11 Likes

Hi heres my recipe for the brown soda,ive had a few over the years an this is the one ive stuck with for a while now,2 loaves out of this mix,

500 g wholemeal flour
250 g s/r flour
150 g oats
40 g wheat bran,optional
2 tsp baking soda
45 g dark brown sugar
2 eggs
Normally around a ltr buttermilk
You can also add seeds to this
I have my mix pretty wet,into a hot oven, 170 give it a tap after 45 mins,normally ready by then

2 Likes

Thanks! What kind of seeds?

1 Like

Ive put sunflower an pumpkin seeds in before a it s been ok,it can break up a bit though when slicing with the bigger seeds,also i used grease proof paper for lining my tins today as the tins were a bit rusty,normally id butter and use oats instead of flouring them :+1:t2:

1 Like

Couldnt get my hands on any kippers for breaky today so i had buy some smoked and peppered mackerel instead,very tasty :raised_hands:t3::raised_hands:t3::raised_hands:t3::raised_hands:t3:

11 Likes

I was in Belfast yesterday and got some tacos :taco: nowhere makes that any near where I live :cry: then I sat watching a film last with some bbq flavoured corn I’m definitely getting another pack of them they are delicious :yum:

13 Likes

Back to the Polenta. Chile Lime, buttah, Nutritional Yeast, turmeric.

12 Likes

The salt and vinegar ones are even better!

2 Likes

Early information: My daughter is getting Indian food, she thinks I should eat it. I ordered vindaloo, then was irritated because I didn’t want its base. So, she hadn’t ordered and now I am getting korma. I ordered medium heat, which I usually don’t do, but tending to no taste, I thought my mouth should not be on fire without it. :slight_smile: You’re welcome.

Edit to add sadness: The restaurant closes each day 2:30pm to 5pm. She just wanted Paneer Korma

4 Likes

Saturday night pizza time

17 Likes

I’ll have to have a look out for them thanks

1 Like