Foodies Unite #9 (trigger warning food) WHAT THE FOCACCIA?! THIS BUTTER BE IMPORTANT

I should avoid this topic. Clear liquids until tomorrow for me. So jealous @Dazercat your seafood availability is amazing. Today when buying chicken and beef broth there was a seafood broth but couldn’t bring myself to get that. Never tried that one by itself.

4 Likes

I batch cooked a huge sausage and butternut squash stew for lunches this week. It’s so good and full of veg: green pepper, cannelloni beans, rainbow swiss chard, onions, fennel, tomatoes, courgette, butternut squash. With a runny egg poached in it and alongside German rye bread it’s just perfect.

20 Likes

Every time :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

14 Likes

This is what I’m craving! If I get my act together (dealing with headache today) I’ll be making a chorizo and poblano corn chowder. The temp dropped 20 degrees here and it feels like fall weather.

6 Likes

It’s the opposite for me…weirdly enough. I undercook the first side and then overcook side 2. Then have to flip again to attempt to not overcook side 1.

4 Likes

Kid said it smelled amazing. OK, kid.

18 Likes

Cooking a grilled cheese was really the only cooking skill my step mother had early on. Her “tool” is low/medium is max, patience is important. This might have been because she has two brothers and would probably always have to walk away from the stove. Her temp gave me all perfect grilled cheese, like a commercial. No lie…it’s now my temp too.

5 Likes

It’s so good and full of everything you need. Packs a punch and great for lunches. I use my own spice mix in it… Basically everything including lemon drop chilli jam. Definitely warms the cockles up :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

Felt like salad. Watercress lima beans and some more. My taste for meat has almost totally petered out in the last month or two. Had fish a couple of times. And some bacon in my pasta sauce. That’s it. Dairy is still very much part of my diet.

20 Likes

This looks amazing :star_struck:

2 Likes

Pork and Nopales in red sauce on top of rice for the Fam. Wishing everyone the best and much success in this new month. Peace to All

17 Likes

Smash burgers on a muffy

16 Likes

Couldn’t wait until I can afford the steak so I made it for me and mum tonight image|500x500

17 Likes

looks yummy! i’m getting hungry just viewing the pic LOL

3 Likes

Thanks jazzy it tastes amazing the waistline can do one tonight

2 Likes

Mozzarella, spinach and roasted red pepper stuffed chicken breast with roasted carrots and garlic mashed potatoes

18 Likes

Another meal from the farmers market haul…

Roasted tomato and corn soup, roasted garlic cloves too, lots of smoked chipotle paprika. No cream or milk in it! The corn was enough. Chili lime chickpeas to garnish.

Bison pepperoni on the side cuz sooo many veg already this week! :rabbit::carrot::sweat_smile:

@Tragicfarinelli agree with @RosaCanDo, that stew looks amazing.

@Alisa thank you for reminding me of the moosewood cookbooks!

15 Likes

Cucumbers and apples!
Everyone’s food looks wonderful!
Food (in moderation) is life … and fuel (@Juli1 )

15 Likes

I have never eaten these things together. I have both, perhaps I will try it!

2 Likes

Bargain pizza £1 instead of £5.75 wood fired with garlic mushroom mozzarella , mascarpone and ham .didn’t eat the coleslaw it was shop bought runny and the mayo tasted dire I’ll stick to my own

15 Likes