Foodies Unite #9 (trigger warning food) WHAT THE FOCACCIA?! THIS BUTTER BE IMPORTANT

First meal from yesterday’s farmers market haul… borscht loaded with fresh dill. Perfect for this overcast fall day.

@Peace that chili looks yum. :heart_eyes:

@Tragicfarinelli I had to google that! Kedgeree. Sounds pretty fine to me. Yours looks delish.

@Dazercat, I just might need the Gratidudes (and plus 1’s) over to get through this frig!

@Tony1878 “…and not a veg in sight…” :rofl: This gave me a much-needed belly laugh and fond memories of my dear dad. thank you!

16 Likes

Greek Yogurt ( still have some) with hojiblanca olive oil and sea salt.

Frozen dinner, chicken and broccoli, with beaucoups added baby kale underneath it.

Bon appetit everyone.
Food ( in moderation) is life … and fuel
( @Juli1 )

18 Likes

Borscht! I need to make that!

2 Likes

17 Likes

Totally forgot to post. Picked the hubs up from the airport yesterday and we went to a yummy italian place. I got chicken primavera.

I’m a lot of sauce kind of person @19801 :face_with_hand_over_mouth: This was almost too much

18 Likes

Wow @Runningfree yeah they definitely excessed the sauce there imo … looks really lovely though,I would only eat the sauce that was on top . I even take most of the juice out my bloody beans ….I definitely have issue’s :smirk:

3 Likes

Spaghetti & Meatballs from the local Cafe for Lunch

16 Likes

I’ve made my own ‘Power balls’ for the gym. Used chickpea granola w/ almonds and raisins. Added honey, fig and cardamom and cinnamon, sunflower seeds and Irish sea salt with seaweed.

18 Likes

Like the looks of that, yummie

1 Like

Forgot to post these last week I made them to cheer my mum up and for my daughter when I picked her up from school . I must buy a bun sheet next week so they keep their shape they keep threatening escape and end up sideways. Never mind I did buy the cupcake box to carry them in so it s progress from a plate🙄

14 Likes

This brought back a memory, thank you. My grandmother loved bread and made a sandwich from everything leftover. Once she had a spaghetti sandwich. I will never forget it. She loved it and was glad for her.

3 Likes

Duck breast with stir fry vegetables.

14 Likes

I’m so happy with my quiche filling ,double cream made it rise :blush: . I’m gonna use the rest when I make my dauphinois potatoes

15 Likes

Checking out Howdy’s Cafe before my Al-Anon meeting. Never heard of it.

Spicy Tuna Sushi Burrito
with Crab Meat and Wasabi Sauce
Wrapped in soy paper.

Oh! My! God!
Insane how great this was :yum: :yum: :yum:

And a
Turmeric ginger lemonade.

16 Likes

I would definitely have that, looks scrumptious! :yum:

2 Likes

That is possibly the prettiest looking fat wrap I’ve ever seen Eric :ok_hand:

1 Like

Comfort food… basmati rice, channa masala, curried potatoes, masala tofu and papadom

15 Likes

Bought the now $7 loaf of GF bread, cajun turkey, cheddar, ARUGULA, spinach, mayo and chippies.

16 Likes

Zucchini, yellow squash, mushrooms, garlic, ginger.

@JazzyS your food looks very comforting. Will have to look up what’s what. Not sure what the bean looking things are. All looks great and do hope it was comforting.

Bon appetit everyone.
Food ( in moderation) is life … and fuel
( @Juli1)

17 Likes

thanks-- it was just what i needed. the beans are spicy chickpeas (channa masala).

2 Likes