Foodies Unite #9 (trigger warning food) WHAT THE FOCACCIA?! THIS BUTTER BE IMPORTANT

I don’t know about the kraut, brussel sprouts AND broccoli altogether in one meal, but so far so good lol. I love all vegetables so it didn’t click that i might have major flatulence later! Lmao

3 Likes

Love all your posts. Biscuits and gravy are on of my favs.
One drink that goes with everything is Iced tea/sweet tea. Can’t be better than that. :smiling_face:

2 Likes

Pancakes for breakfast, all I had in the pantry this time was confectionary sugar. So that’s what was served :smiling_face:

13 Likes

Vegan chocolate chip banana nut muffins

12 Likes

Koshari…first time making this Egyptian dish and I’m in love.

13 Likes

Breakfast for supper. Been under the weather :face_with_thermometer:

15 Likes

No bake vegan carrot cake (cashew date based icing)

11 Likes

Checking out the Mexican fare at The Alamo
@Alisa
Smoky chicken Chipotle enchiladas

@Runningfree
This part of California is well know for NOT
Having queso :cry::cry::cry:

11 Likes

Oh my! Good thing it’s easy to make it at home!
No queso??? ¿por qué no?
It’s some emblem they’re going to wear, “We don’t have queso around here”? That’s crazy I’m sorry.
The enchiladas, beans and rice look good!!
Where’s the pico??

1 Like

Like not having queso at all?!?!?!?!??! :scream::scream::scream::scream:

2 Likes

@Alisa no pico tonight. Some place’s salsa is more of a pico “texture” if you will.

None of the restaurants around here, Santa Monica, LA area Venice etc… have chips and queso. They are big on the avocado and guacamoles. Now, I have found a place or 2, one in Hollywood that has chips and queso. It’s pretty hard to find. However the Chipotle’s here have queso blanco. But not a big fan of them. I’d eat there but wifey? Not so much.

Dinner was good. Not a dark smokey chipotle I’m use too. I have found a good chipotle sauce since I left Magnolia Cafe in Austin.

2 Likes

@Soberbilly

Today’s Fika from Red cross bakesale, it’s a lovley bunch of old ladies who runs a bakesale outside the local store a few times a year.
Last year we asked about gluten free Fika. And this year they delivered. They where Almost sold out with the gluten free, but we managed to snag the last two plates. One with coconut chocolate cookies and one with strawberry jam cookies.

12 Likes

10 Likes

Homeade pineapple milkshake. :pineapple: My youngster definitely approved. Tastes like we never left the beach :parasol_on_ground:

Also dairy free and animal friendly. :slight_smile:

11 Likes

Today (Day 4) is my first Friday sober!

I work half days on Friday because I always liked getting the party started early. Today, I’ve started a new treat of the week - Checking out a local restaurant for food! I enjoyed maki rolls, and tried Jasmin tea (amazing)!

15 Likes

Keep soberin on! I love watching you explore your newfound freedom! Stay vigilant my friend

5 Likes

Vegan burgers,sausages and chips because i couldn’t be bothered :grin:

11 Likes

Pork and Nopales over Rice for the Fam.
Have a Good Friday and weekend to all. :v:t4:

14 Likes

Pizza from a wood fire pizza food truck

13 Likes

Been taking pics but too busy to post. But wanted to post this
@Alisa thinking of you.

PAN DE BONO
gluten free bread, oaxaca, queso fresco
And omg the butter :yum:

Jinky’s for lunch
Tuna melt. Was good, but not enough mayo @EarnIt :wink:

CASA NOSTRA Westlake Village
For dinner.

INSALATA DI BARBABIETOLA Baby Mixed Greens, Beets, Gorgonzola Cheese and Walnuts.

Branzino Alla Livornese
Mediterranean Sea Bass with cherry tomatoes Kalamata olives and sautéed spinach

13 Likes