Foodies Unite #9 (trigger warning food) WHAT THE FOCACCIA?! THIS BUTTER BE IMPORTANT

Definitely one of my favorite summer salads!

2 Likes

Sandwich and chip combo

13 Likes

Burrito bowls with steak, refried beans, guacamole and pineapple salsa.

13 Likes

9 Likes

10 Likes

The hubs wanted to go to a Mexican place today. This is one of the more authentic places in town. I got some grilled shrimp tacos

12 Likes

Took a couple of hours off today to go to the coast. Found a great cheesesteak in Port Hueneme

And a nice walk on the pier with my wife.

Ya it was :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: @WilliamBloke

14 Likes

Moqueca Brazilian Restaurant

PASTELZINHOS Brazilian style empanadas filled with seasoned beef or cheese with oregano
and dried tomato.

Feijoada

Feijoada is considered the national dish of Brazil. It’s a delicious and hearty stew of black beans, various salted beef and pork pieces, such as sausage, bacon and ribs. It’s served with white rice,
collard greens, farofa and fried plantains.

And it was great :yum:

14 Likes

Been there. They are awesome :ok_hand:.

2 Likes

I love Brazilian food. My Pa used to work I Brazil when I was young. We even houses three of his colleagues for months while they where over here preparing for him to go and work for them.
(His company opened up a new factory in Curitiba)

And for my birthday he arranged so they all did a birthday dinner for me. It’s still one of the best birthday gifts I ever got. :blush:

7 Likes

Mesquite smoked tri tip. Marinated in teryaki and Worcestershire sauce and olive oil for about 36 hours. Rubbed with Himalayan salt, garlic powder and coarse pepper. Smoked with mesquite wood at 180 until IT hit 130. Set aside while grill grates heated up and seared to a perfect medium rare.

13 Likes

My street here in London is filled with Brazilian and Portuguese and Persian restaurants/butchers/barbers. This is right up my street… Yum

4 Likes

Vegan bacon, mushrooms, avocado and naan. The Brunch of Queens.

14 Likes

This place

Is pretty awesome. I’ve never had Brazilian food. My BIL turned us on to it a few years ago when we would visit. I always get the traditional seafood Moqueca. They are incredible here. This is the first time I tried something else. Wifey always gets the spaghetti bolognese and it’s wonderful. But she tried something different too. I have to get the bolognese next time. It’s so good. :blush:

5 Likes

I made a turkey donner kebab for tea.

Home roasted garlic mayo was bomb. Leftover from the roast as we always pop whole bulbs in for the week to use. :garlic:

12 Likes

Potato casserole with roasted peanuts and Brussels sprouts

8 Likes

Checking out the pizza scene in the new hood.
Scored!!
New York Style Pizza at Parma

12 Likes

Vegan biscoff no bake cheesecake

11 Likes

Oooh looks tasty! :yum:

3 Likes

Chickpea and chorizo stew

15 Likes