Foodies Unite #9 (trigger warning food) WHAT THE FOCACCIA?! THIS BUTTER BE IMPORTANT

Avocado, eggplant, mushrooms.
@Laner yum!
@Anthonyb925 very nice.
@Dazercat Welcome to your Cali kitchen! :heart:
@MrsOdh have you ever voted in the Stupid Polls thread about whether cheesecake is pie or cake?
I kept cheeseCAKE in my freezer for about 25 years at least. Obviously not the same one. But continually had one in there. Served it thawed of course, of course.
My French sister was coming to visit, I asked her what she wanted to eat, what she was looking forward to eat in my home. Her answer:
“The cheesecake in the freezer”… she knew there would be one in there, she loved it and it’s not typical in France. :fr:
Bon appetit everyone.
Food is life.

10 Likes

Swedish classic sandwich for breakfast today.
Glutenfree syrup Loaf (limpa) with liver paté and cucumber.

Most often it’s pickles used but my 12 y/o doesn’t like pickles so we do fresh cucumber instead.
Liver paté is sold both as a spread and in loaf that you slices. But it’s only one kind of the spread that’s gluten and dairy free.
There is of course chicken liver paté (argenta) and vegan versions available. But I like this classic one the best, it’s the one I grew up eating.

8 Likes

7 Likes

Repeat. Cajun turkey with Havarti.

7 Likes

Homemade Guyanese Style Beef Patty :guyana:

10 Likes

Salmon on PakChoi
Asian sesame style :ok_hand:t2:

8 Likes

Got my leftover turkey here from Brent’s the other night, with stuffing on a muffy. And plenty o mayo of course.

7 Likes

I really need to go to Asian Market and pick up all the produce. Taste or not, the appearance makes me happy and the cost is lower.

3 Likes

Ummmm…I will 110% say that I’d take Brent’s turkey over Hy-Vee deli ALL DAY LONG, and the watermelon looks great. I was more sad about that particular “not taste.” I mean watermelon must be tasted.

2 Likes

Shrimp Alfredo with Asparagus and Romano Cheese

10 Likes

Found a place in Camarillo
Slate

TEMPURA CAULIFLOWER
CRISPY FRIED FLORETS, LEMON HONDASHI HONEY, SPICE BLEND, MISO AIOLI

BLACKENED CHICKEN
CHICKEN BREAST, MASH POTATOES, GRILLED SEASONAL VEGETABLES, GARLIC CONFIT, LEMON HERB BUTTER PAN SAUCE

Churro Beignets

I’ve never had a churro; but, I’ve had some beignets before, and these were the best ever :yum:

12 Likes

OMG i am drooling – now i wanna go make some Beingets LOL – and the cauliflower tempura :yum:

3 Likes

Zucchini, carrot and red pepper.
@JazzyS you make beignets? :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
Bon appetit everyone
Food is life.

10 Likes

I do – have to find my recipe now as my taste buds are tingling… one of the lovely things i learned during the pandemic LOL – luckily i was able to find a great vegan recipe that turned out yummy.

OMG- your veggies look so yummy and colorful :yum:

2 Likes

There isn’t any seasoning at all. And they’re very delicious.

1 Like

Spring market in the neighbor village today.
There was a stand with Amazing ladies from Ukraine where you could try Ukrainian food.

One of the ladies is a friend to the family my husband brought to our village.
She was happy to see us.
We donated some money for the food, and got to try.

Borstj
Paska
Vyshyvanka bars

There was more food as well, one kind of pirogue, another kind of cake with raisins and maybe poppy seeds, something I think was garlic bread, and mini pies with liver.

Unfortunately it was only the borstj that was glutenfree. I’ve never tried it before because I’ve been almost afraid of it. But it was delicious.

My 14 y/o who is autistic and very careful with what he eats surprised everyone with trying almost everything and loved it.

11 Likes

Back to Polenta. It’s now marked polenta/grits. Psshhh.

9 Likes

BBQ.

MIL got me alcohol free San Miguel :grin:

12 Likes

I make churros pretty often.
Never had beignets but the seem delicious. :blush:

3 Likes

It’s Saturday night!

12 Likes