Foodies Unite #9 (trigger warning food) WHAT THE FOCACCIA?! THIS BUTTER BE IMPORTANT

Id eat either peach or apple cobbler! You cant go wrong with cobbler

4 Likes

I have only ever eaten my own home made fried chicken and I didnā€™t put gravy on it.
So I think it doesnā€™t matter, I think either one will be delicious.

Cobbler/Pie either or all combined. Yum!!

3 Likes

i like your style ā€“ was thinking of combining myself LOL

1 Like

The answer was cream gravy :kissing_heart:
Youā€™re a Texan. You should know this :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

Is cream gravy a southern thing??

2 Likes

I think so. Being a missed place yank, what do I know. But wifey is pretty adamant cream gravy with fried chicken. And after 36 years in Texas I can concur. Especially with chicken fried steak.

2 Likes

I generally canā€™t have either, but GF - yes to both.

I will take cream/breakfast gravy with chicken fried steak, eggs, hashbrowns. Dang I miss gluten.

5 Likes

Garofaloā€™s glutenfree pasta made from Corn,Rice and Quinoa works best in lasagna in my opinion. They turn out perfectly Al dente and wonā€™t turn to porridge.

Mostly I take the lazy way around and do lasangette with Mafalda corta pasta instead. Way quicker.

2 Likes

In Sweden thereā€™s also cream gravy for chicken, and for meatballs, and for steak. Okey we mostly do cream gravy. Brown gravy can be okey for meatballs if you donā€™t have anything else, but it wonā€™t feel right.

Brown gravy is mostly for things like hamburger patties or meat like Venice, wild boar, moose, rabbit. You know hunters food.

Bearnaise goes with pretty much everything :smile:

White gravy for pasta or fish dishes, and Iā€™m a bit Americanized so Iā€™d say it goes with biscuits too :smiling_face:

5 Likes

:scream::scream::scream:
You donā€™t eat moose do you?

4 Likes

Elk, Moose, and Reindeer in Scandinavian countries. Itā€™s a low fat lean meat. Quite delicious too.

5 Likes

Noooooo!
Their too cute :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

Moose is common to eat in some areas up here as well. Particularly Newfoundland and northern Ontario (although not for me :laughing:). Iā€™ve never even had lamb!

3 Likes

Another cheeseless Lasagneā€¦think theyre improving :blush:

With salad and a Reggieā€¦i didnt eat Reggie though lol

14 Likes

According to google Moose should be the right translation. Moose in US. Elk in British English.

This is the animal I mean,the big kind that eats your garden apples in fall.

We do eat reindeer too, you know the kind that Santa have. Wouldnā€™t eat Rudolph but you get the point.

When I was a kid in school most of us got two weeks off on the start of the moose hunting season in fall. So we could go hunt with our parents or relatives.

7 Likes

Ate half of it before I remembered that I should take a picture.

Was so hungry after a day outside doing garden work,and putting up the trampoline for the kids.

Homemade Beal street burgers, grilled of course.
Glutenfree bread,vegan bbq sauce from Lidl and vegan cheese from Oddly good on mine.

Served with American snacks. I couldnā€™t eat them because they contain milk.

10 Likes

Cows and sheep and pigs are super cute too. :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

Ya they are :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
And turkeys :turkey:

But thereā€™s some mighty ugly fish out there :laughing:

1 Like

Homemade sweet bread with chilies, onion, picked mango and pickled garlic

11 Likes

Walpurgisnacht means celebration,and celebrations means cake.
My 12 y/o was so happy when I found us some glutenfree Princesses cake today.
He havenā€™t been able to eat his favorite Princess cake since he got his celiac diagnosis almost a year ago.

Princess cake is a classic Swedish cake made of sponge cake, in two layers, one with vanilla cream one with raspberry jam, the top layer is filled with whipped cream in the shape of a hill. And then covered with green marzipan often decorated with confectionary sugar and a rose in pink marzipan surrounded with green leaves.

13 Likes