Foodies Unite #9 (trigger warning food) WHAT THE FOCACCIA?! THIS BUTTER BE IMPORTANT

Hi Eric, that does look good :heart_eyes:. Forgive my ignorance is that mashed potato under the gravy?

2 Likes

Hey :wave: good to see ya.
Yes. A nice perfectly scooped plop of mash potatoes.

2 Likes

Fruit bowl with some pistachios on top cause I’m out of granola

12 Likes

Wow, I’m super late to this debate on gravy. Not sure how I missed the tag.

I prefer cream gravy almost all the time. The only time I want brown is with stuffing and turkey. As for cobbler, I like both peach and apple! I think apple is my favorite :thinking:

4 Likes

Correct answer :joy:

3 Likes

Found another deli.
Pickles Deli
Just down the road. 5 minutes away.

Westlake Combo
Corned beef, turkey, pastrami, swiss cheese and thousand island

Onion rings and Latke because I couldn’t decide. Next time just the latke.

10 Likes

Mmmm those onion rings :drooling_face:

4 Likes

Third week in a row that I’ve made these muffins with fresh blueberries. Good way to get in some fibre for kiddo with the old-fashioned oats, whole grain flour, flax powder etc. Still steamy from the oven

14 Likes

I think a GF on this would be amazing for me! I might get on that today!

3 Likes

Pineapple Butt Chicken.
Best thing I have ever eaten. :ok_hand:

16 Likes

Made from scratch ANGEL FOOD CAKE

16 Likes

2nd seafood night in a row.

17 Likes

Berry granola from Lidl. Tried their coconut based vegan yoghurt yesterday and can’t remember last time I got so sick by eating a food. Not sure what made me react but I swore to not try anything new again.
Unfortunately I’ve got a memory like Dory in finding Nemo, so here I am again trying something new. :laughing:

11 Likes

Whole wheat tortilla with zucchini, carrot and red bell pepper

@tailee17 what fun! The angel food cake! It is gorgeous!!
@MrsOdh I was surprised to read up there that you had never had sweetened popcorn… ( unless I got that wrong, it was a few days ago) . Over here, especially at Christmas, you can buy these big metal tubs of popcorn, oftentimes divided by flavors, say regular buttered, a cheese topped one, and the absolutely addicting caramel popcorn. Used to be you could buy a big container for $5.00 … lots of bang for the buck. Ornamental holiday themed tubs w lids… There are recipes on internet on how to make the caramel corn. Apologies if I got it wrong and that was not what you had for the first time…
Sorry you got sick from your food.

Bon appetit everyone
Food is life.

13 Likes

I’ve had popcorn balls, which is basically popcorn mixed with melted marshmallows.

But never something like that. They where Almost caramelized but looked just like regular popcorn, no Carmel coating or anything just a thin layer of melted sugar on them that almost looked glaced.

Only popcorn I’ve seen here before is salty. Sometimes if you go to a big cinema in a big city they have options such as white or cheddar cheese powder you can pay extra to add on your popcorn. No sweet option.

I get sick from food pretty often, but not that bad. I’m used to it,it has happened all my life. Life with allergies :laughing:

3 Likes

I went back and looked and saw that yours did look glazed and not caramel coloured.

Here is a recipe w a pic. I did not look for the best recipe. If you have Crackerjacks, that is what that is.

3 Likes

11 Likes

Celebrating 15 days with my favourite breakfast sandwich.

Brioche bun, jalapeño mayo, red onions, butter pickles, lettuce, tomato and chicken.

14 Likes

Egg white, cheese and turkey bacon bagel. I made too many egg white so got some on the side

16 Likes

12 Likes