Foodies Unite #9 (trigger warning food) WHAT THE FOCACCIA?! THIS BUTTER BE IMPORTANT

I am so full!!!

11 Likes

Love Salmon, we used to fish for them when I was a kid. Every summer for weeks in the north of Sweden. Pa loved fishing.

In the village I live now they also used to have a pond where it was free to fish but you paid per kg dor the fish you catched. Not allowed to put the fish back.

We loved it. I also remember that Pa always said that Salmon was poor man’s food.

Today it’s the opposite,it costs a minor fortune to buy in the store. And you need a fishing license to fish that also costs a minor fortune.
The pond in my village is also long gone. The old man who used to run It dies a few years ago.

4 Likes

At the seaside, only one meal is possible for the first night…

This is to share between two and we ate every morsel. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Haddock
Battered sausage
Chips
Curry sauce
Mushy peas.
Lots of salt and vinegar.

12 Likes

It doesn’t get much better than that.
Mushy peas :white_check_mark:
Salt and vinegar :white_check_mark:
I’m drooling :drooling_face:

2 Likes

Sorry guys. Starting my tour of firsts in Cali

Sofia :thinking:
@MrsOdh
They got people making them right by the door to the patio :scream:

If you order breakfast they give you one as a starter.

It was :+1:
I got the club sandwich

Perfectly made basic club sandwich with a crispy dill.
Wifey got breakfast so they gave me the Swedish pancake too.

11 Likes

Funny thing is that we had pancakes for dinner here today. And have been discussing pancakes all day :laughing:

I was slightly upset when I noticed that the Old Western theme park have removed their pancake buffet this year, and instead charges 100 sek for two pancakes, drinks bought separate. They even took away Lucky Luke’s lemonade and now you can only buy sodas for double the price.

So I had to make Swedish pancakes for dinner, and served them with American Mississippi Bell maple flavored pancake syrup :smiling_face:

Most traditional way to eat pancakes here otherwise is mostly with whipped cream and jam or just jam.

The ones you’ve got looks absolutely delicious.

4 Likes

Did you know that green tea contains caffeine too?

1 Like

Lunch at my desk in my office. Spring mix greens, strawberries, boiled egg, Rio Mare tuna, cashews, pepitas, fermented raw beet & cabbage sauerkraut, with Mother Raw Japanese dressing

10 Likes

Chicken, potatoes, carrots, olive oil, seasoning.

12 Likes

We tried an African restaurant this evening. The first picture is plantain cornmeal crusted crab cakes. I got jerk chicken on rice and beans. Not pictured is a lamb burger the hubs got.

11 Likes

Dinner tonight was so good! Seared/grilled sesame encrusted ahi tuna steaks, perfectly medium rare with the very center rare, the best asparagus this season, also grilled but first tossed in olive oil, salt and pepper, and reheated rice with butter just for my fella. Well, I enjoyed it, too.

12 Likes

I want it.

2 Likes

Happy plate again!

1 Like

It’s tasty!

Another yummy dill pickle one :cucumber: :arrow_down:

7 Likes

I should try it. I’ve bought that brand’s kimchi before.

2 Likes

My kind of bar :drooling_face: Stuffed churros!! I’m definitely gonna have to do a sweet reset after vacation :joy:

8 Likes

Spumoni for pizza. It was good. No Lamp. But it was good enough.

9 Likes

I know, but if you don’t drink matcha tea it contains like half the amount compared to coffee.

Black tea has a little more, and chocolate also contains Caffeine.

Some studies also suggests that the body reacts a little different to tea instead of coffee.

Wouldn’t take that for a fact. But I feel better sticking to the tea. And I’m not after quitting caffeine so I’m all good. :smiling_face:

2 Likes

We went to a french bakery this morning

11 Likes

Dandelion lemonade me and the boys did it together :smiling_face:

13 Likes