Foodies Unite #9 (trigger warning food) WHAT THE FOCACCIA?! THIS BUTTER BE IMPORTANT

Today’s fika after a long day of garden work.

Coca-cola zero and vegan vanilla Ice cream float.
Swedish chocolate ball with coconut and chocolate sprinkles.

11 Likes

Those potatoes: Garam Masala, Chile Powder, Turmeric, Curry Powder, Umami Mushroom Seasoning, tidbit of sea salt.

Nope - don’t taste or smell any of those seasonings but my kid will have leftovers and tell me

1. Wonderful
  2. Blah
10 Likes

Saturday night pizza with Gorgonzola and rocket.

13 Likes

Bbq Pork loin
Potatoes croquettes
Bearnaise gravy

Salad and cucumber but I already ate them before I took the picture :laughing:

10 Likes

I am going to make those croquettes. I am pretty sure it would be a golden piece of meal prep I really need to do. I am sure I can make a huge batch and freeze servings. Someday soon, I am going to taste potatoes. I love most things potato-ed.

5 Likes

I treated myself & boys to lunch in honour of Mother’s Day :laughing: :roll_eyes:
Shrimp & scallop scampi pasta. Tiny scallops but it was still tasty

13 Likes

Pulled pork (oyster mushroom) sandwich with coleslaw and zesty seasoned oreida fries

11 Likes

We went to a fancy FANCY place tonight. We got some calamari and then I got a herb & capper crusted salmon on top of couscous (?) with mushrooms and vert with balsamic on top. The hubs got Elk loin with asparagus. Everything was so very good!!! I tried his Elk and I expected it to be more gamey but it tasted like beef to me but I haven’t had beef in years

13 Likes

One pot GF pasta with spinach, baby bellas, Italian Seasoning and Nutritional Yeast and parm, of course.

11 Likes

Today was a busy yard work and errands day, but we decided to BBQ. I made a simple fruit salad with lime juice that reminded me of Mexico. I also made my first batch of salsa verde for the season, since the tomatillos at the store have been looking so good. It’s spicy! Tastes like summer and I love it.

12 Likes

I always scold myself when I grab the Herdez in Spring/Summer. All of that looks amazing and happy.

1 Like

We definitely still have Herdez on hand because my fella practically drinks the stuff and I don’t want him blowing through my good homemade stuff!

2 Likes

Not saying it doesn’t live here – even when I scold myself! I do love it on eggs.

And I just failed at looking for an Herdez Green Salsa GIF Pssssshhhhh…

2 Likes

Aaaaaand I’m back in Scottsdale again but it’s just me at a hotel. To finish up the move this week. Anyway……
Home made corn chips 2 different salsas and a guacamole. So good.
And the drink is a non alcoholic desert breeze. Pomegranate, lime juice, agave and soda. Quite refreshing.

And the BEST SALMON EVER. And cooked perfectly with a side of street corn on the cob.

GUAJILLO-CRUSTED ATLANTIC SALMON
Parsley and Parsnip Purée, Root Vegetable Hash, Gremolata

Looks like I’ll be starting that sugar counter over.

So worth it!

12 Likes

Big ole breakfast before we start our travel home. (I was not able to finish all this :joy:)

13 Likes

Good morning :sunny:

13 Likes

11 Likes

BBQ out.

13 Likes

I should eat this. I haven’t eaten peanut butter on bread in so long! Even if it might be tasteless, protein is good and I have always liked the way it looks. I worry that my kiddo sticks a spoon in it - told for years not to. Currently, one unopen PB. :slight_smile: I’d have to bake some bread. Whoop!

1 Like

Yay! I know, I don’t do this frequently enough and when I think of it I’m like, why don’t I do this more often?! I like pretzels in PB a lot.

1 Like