For the person that suggested kava! ❤

Im screaming about kava from the rooftops! I read about kava the first day and bought a bottle of kava pills from vitamin shoppe for 10 bucks and i am so happy. For it being so natural im surprised on how well it works on me. I take one in the morning and i feel so leveled as if i’m high but it’s just my thoughts staying in one place instead of all over the place. If you have any questions just ask

I dont want to ruin anything but Kava acts on gaba receptors and stimulates dopamine receptors, I wouldnt trade one addiction with another or am I missing something?

3 Likes

I actually don’t know much about Kava but my sober sister @planchette speaks very highly of it. My only concern is that there have been other posts that indicate it might not be safe for the liver. Since I quit drinking to save my liver I have so far been avoiding Kava. But I understand that the jury is still out on that so I’m not completely against it…just for now.

I’m glad it’s helping you. Honestly, in early sobriety we have to do what we have to do. But like the previous poster :point_up_2:t2: says…make sure you aren’t substituting one addiction for another. Maybe make sure you are using it on a need only basis.

Thought it was all natural. Now you’re making me think i only did half my research on the subject. I know of the possible liver problems and i already have a doc appointment coming up so i will definitely ask about what it’s doing to my body. Thanks and i will be doing more research.

2 Likes

Nope not missin a thing lol, anything we put in that causes feelings of euphoria or even general happiness and contentment has the potential to be addictive. Sorry op, not tryin to rain on ur parade lol, just sayin be careful u dont do what @Dreams said and trade one addiction for another. Id suggest not taking it for a day or two after youve been on it for a bit and see what negative impacts or withdraw u face, then decide whether the benefits outweigh the negative effects. Yes it may be natural but that isnt a litmus test for safety. Remember pot, cocaine, and opium are all natural as well and at one time or another in history theyve all been touted as the miracle cure for everything from toothaches to menstrual cramps to depression and while they were all extremely effective short term in the long run the risks far outwighed the benefits.

2 Likes

http://www.fao.org/3/a-i5770e.pdf

I didn’t read this but it may be beneficial in learning more about kava

3 Likes

My man! I love knowledge and a chance to learn something new.